Import vat uk

Jamsmoo

Reaction score
Just a heads up really, sure you’re all aware but I was shocked as to how much
So after buying some bits on eBay from Germany my parcels have been sat at a parcel force distribution center awaiting a payment of £51.17 on goods totally a shade over £200
However , all in I’ve still saved money all be it the princely sum of £1.76
For all the hassle I may as well got it in the uk
Just something to keep an eye on.
c954ef428dc515f54b8c16bf94decbba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I keep on hearing its after the first £135 that all the costs gets added, not sure if it true though, but eitherway all future purchases outside the UK will not be the deal they used to be.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
I keep on hearing its after the first £135 that all the costs gets added, not sure if it true though, but eitherway all future purchases outside the UK will not be the deal they used to be.

Apparently they want the vat whatever the value.We’ll be paying vat twice
91a1a59908f3703819645c17b2c3d8f9.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Thing is I’m seeing goods on eBay with these extra costs already added on others haven’t ,something to consider when looking for a deal.

Another thing is if I hadn’t paid the fee the goods would have been returned to sender ,who pays the fees then ?
Is there an export cost added ?extra transport cost ? Would the seller have to pay another fee to release the goods his end ?
I’m sure there’s some amongst us who have done their homework on this ..maybe I better start ..or just try and buy uk from now on

This is why leaving the eu has royally butt fecked us Brits, again, well done people who voted to leave & the shxtty deal we seem to have obtained.

Reactions: Sidrick, DPM, RAF_S7 and 2 others
Recently I was stung not only for customs charge but also for a Royal Mail handling fee of £8!! Customs charge was only £6!

Daylight robbery!

Recently I was stung not only for customs charge but also for a Royal Mail handling fee of £8!! Customs charge was only £6!

Daylight robbery!

Mind me asking the value of goods

Unfortunately the other way round as well now... If I were to buy something from the UK, then I also have import taxes waiting to add to the total price.. Making shopping in the UK not viable anymore. Although I do have family in the UK, where I could have the item(s) send to, and they can forward ship it to me as a private parcel, maybe that way avoiding those import duties

Just to clarify things a little.....

There are two “cost” levels involved
  • Goods that cost less that £135
  • Goods that cost more that £135
Under the new PB (Post Brexit) rules, if the goods are under £135, then the seller has to add UK VAT to the selling price (so if ordering from Europe, and you select delivery in the UK, the seller should automatically add VAT, plus and additional costs to the basket price)

If the goods are over £135, then the seller has to declare the value on the UK customs declaration form. At this point, the responsibility for collecting VAT (and duty if applicable) moves to the shipper (Note that the seller doesn’t have to notify the buyer of ANY of these additional charges). The shipper is responsible for payment of any taxes and handling charges due (this is on top of any shipping charges you paid to the seller) He’ll call you, email you, text you and tell you to pay up before your goods are delivered. And if he delivers the goods, and you didn’t pay, the shipping company is held responsible and they have to pay any money due!

Welcome to Brexit Britain. :puke2:

Reactions: Jamsmoo and Charlie Farley
So just stick to the good old UK purchases then unless it's bonkers cheap and worth buying from outside uk.

Reactions: RAF_S7 and Jamsmoo
Lighten up chaps, it's not all bad ;)

Even the Germans think so

Signal 2021 01 31 175922

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and RAF_S7

Unfortunately this is just the start....

Now anyone in Europe buying from the UK has to pay their countries VAT on top of the UK advertised price (and if your a food producer, its even worse)

The whole thing is turning into a complete cluster cluck...:blink:

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Unfortunately this is just the start....

Now anyone in Europe buying from the UK has to pay their countries VAT on top of the UK advertised price (and if your a food producer, its even worse)

Well and truly cut adrift

Reactions: RAF_S7

The whole thing, to anyone, literally anyone who could look beyond Farage's bell end and 'good ol' blighty will show them!' spirit, knew this was the case.

It's considerably worse than having to pay more for some car parts, but this is what the UK general public voted for, and they've absolutely no idea what they did. Not entirely their fault, the fact it was left to a public vote is genuinely insane.

Not that any of this should actually effect Brexit voters, as they'll all be driving British made cars :whistle2:

Reactions: AlexMac, Jamsmoo and RAF_S7