Imola Yellow S3

Samsellars

Reaction score
Thought I'd post up my S3 after meaning to for a while.
Picked her up around 8 months ago on around 14k
The car was fully standard when purchased and just needed a few touch ups

image_zpsvgcvzlsy.png
image_zpslqzbhgvf.png

Recently added rotiform IND-T alloys 8.5J & RS3 Grill

image_zpslmev6wmi.jpeg
image_zpsiemir7xy.jpeg

Reactions: 45bvtc
Got back from APR Stage 2+ Remap at AMD on friday mods are

VWR Intake
Loba HPFP
APR Runner Flap Delete
KW DDC Coilover Kit With Wifi Module
VWR Anti Roll Bars
Super Pro Anti Lift Kit
DV+

Tried to fit VWR 6 Pots but need new alloys so hopefully fitting on friday so the wheels have to go :(

image_zpsvwesq8of.jpeg

Made 368 Bhp but the clutch is slipping, what should i go for if looking for more power after spec stage 3+?

image_zpsryfvlf2k.jpeg
image_zps9rqvsxck.jpeg

Reactions: HHS3
Stunning , do you have a side on pic , to see the wheels better ?

I have always wondered what the fog grills would look like if the mesh only was painted the same color as the grill?

Looking good mate, you don't see many Yellow S3's around. The RS3 grill goes well but would look even better black, so I'd personally get it wrapped or Plasti Dip it.

Regarding your clutch, will you be looking to go past stage 2+ i.e. bigger turbo? If so then a Spec stage 3+ clutch is your best bet, just remember it is a SMF so it'll be louder at idle. If you're remaining at stage 2+ then it depends on budget as you can get a Spec stage 2/2+ clutch which will suffice or a Sachs Organic Clutch & LUK DMF which is the cheapest option.

Last edited:
Cheers, I don't really rate the black grill imo, I'll be going tte420 upgrade in the next few months I think so 3+ sounds like the best idea.
Getting team dynamics and the brake kit fitted on Friday so should be good.
AMD the best place to get the clutch changed?
How much louder is the idle? Have the milltek non res decat and it's pretty loud now

Cheers, I don't really rate the black grill imo, I'll be going tte420 upgrade in the next few months I think so 3+ sounds like the best idea.
Getting team dynamics and the brake kit fitted on Friday so should be good.
AMD the best place to get the clutch changed?
How much louder is the idle? Have the milltek non res decat and it's pretty loud now

That's fair enough, each to their own, it looks mint regardless! Ah nice, wish I had the budget to accommodate for a bigger turbo haha, stage 2+ alone is going to take me a while unfortunately! In that case, definitely go with the Spec stage 3+ clutch and also go to AMD. @S3Alex (and many others) will be able to give you recommendations on AMD as he's had a lot of work done there to his absolute beast of an S3, he's also got the Spec stage 3+ clutch which he highly rates. I don't have a SMF so can't personally comment but I know that a SMF is your only option for when you have a bigger turbo, from what I've heard it's only idling where it is noisier of which uprated engine mounts will make it even louder, however as soon as you're driving you can't tell the difference and the Spec stage 3+ clutch can deal with vast amounts of torque with no slip whatsoever.

/\/\/\

What he said

Plus 1 more the spec stage 3+ ,
And as your using amd they supplied and fitted mine and alex's so have experience with it ,
Also worth having the gearbox oil changed while your at it as the box is already out ,
I went for a slightly thicker oil than standard to hopefully protect the rods etc a little bit with the extra power , Opie oils were very helpful there

Attachments

• IMAG0352.jpg
    IMAG0352.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 239
  • IMAG0351.jpg
    IMAG0351.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 222
  • IMAG0344.jpg
    IMAG0344.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 239
Cheers, thanks for the info really helpful.
Is the price of £1200 I saw you said on vag oc with or without fitting @S3Alex
Do you remember what type oil would be best to go for @Smirky
Looking to order on Friday maybe

Another nice clean Imola. If you go TTE420 they'll be two of us running big power.

Thanks, what did yours make Dan? And what mods/map have you gone for?

Cheers, thanks for the info really helpful.
Is the price of £1200 I saw you said on vag oc with or without fitting @S3Alex
Do you remember what type oil would be best to go for @Smirky
Looking to order on Friday maybe
With fitting your be looking at about 2K all in for the clutch and flywheel ,which is alot but I haven't heard anyone having a single problem with it ,it's pretty much fit and forget no running in etc where as other options have had some issues
Alex orderd his a couple of years ago I believe when there was a very good exchange rate ,
I'll have a look in my receipt folder see if I kept it

Here you go this is what I went for

Attachments

• IMAG0548.jpg
    IMAG0548.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 190
Thanks, I'll ask AMD on Friday is the steel or aluminium flywheel better

Thanks, I'll ask AMD on Friday is the steel or aluminium flywheel better
I went for the steel for strength bullet proof set up , but I couldn't tell you the pro's and cons of each Alex has a far better understanding of each than me

I went for the steel for strength bullet proof set up , but I couldn't tell you the pro's and cons of each Alex has a far better understanding of each than me

Aluminium is lighter and may allow faster changes in rpm,but with less mass damping for vibration.

Steel.....very unlikely to break.
That's why I chose the steel flywheel.

Reactions: Smirky
Looks good, want to go tte420 after i can afford the clutch
What's the best intercooler the pro alloy?

Looks good, want to go tte420 after i can afford the clutch
What's the best intercooler the pro alloy?
Pro alloy was the biggest not sure how big the apr one is , wagner is also a very good cooler by all accounts , I/c is next for me so I can higher numbers more consistently and for longer

Decisions, the pro alloy is like £400 cheaper than the apr

Still £400 haha there can't be much of a noticeable difference.
My thinking is will be half of the price of LPFP
Any ideas of tte turnaround time for turbo refurbishment?

Still £400 haha there can't be much of a noticeable difference.
My thinking is will be half of the price of LPFP
Any ideas of tte turnaround time for turbo refurbishment?
You would have to ask si from tte about turn around time ,you can buy direct from him new or someone like awsome gti ,then sell your K04 think si does an exchange type system I.e refurbed housing ,
I couldn't comment on the performance of the apr cooler vs wagner pro alloy etc without seeing some back 2 back figures
Alex's crazy s3 can run over 600HP and he uses the pro take from that what you will

Reactions: S3Alex
Airtec Stage 2 intercooler is good for the money, they may give you discount too if you ask nicely.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cheers Dan I'll enquire. Spoke to a dealer for spec in London can get the 3+ clutch for £1150 and AMD want £360 for fitting.
Got the big brake kit and pro race 1.2 fitted today only problem is that they're rubbing the inside arch liner at the back, roughly -40mm is there anything I can do apart from raising the rear height? Was thinking I could get the arches rolled slightly

Cheers Dan I'll enquire. Spoke to a dealer for spec in London can get the 3+ clutch for £1150 and AMD want £360 for fitting.
Got the big brake kit and pro race 1.2 fitted today only problem is that they're rubbing the inside arch liner at the back, roughly -40mm is there anything I can do apart from raising the rear height? Was thinking I could get the arches rolled slightly
On the spec be aware you may incur customs charges on the kit so check I'd that's included in the price ,
If not budget for it and if it's gets through its a bonus

Apr cooler imho isn't worth that money. Proalloy works great, wagner is maybe even better, ie seems to have great product too, airtec stg2 seems to be great, lots of people are using it on here, peron does work great with tte420 and i think it's 60£ off at aks.

Apr cooler imho isn't worth that money. Proalloy works great, wagner is maybe even better, ie seems to have great product too, airtec stg2 seems to be great, lots of people are using it on here, peron does work great with tte420 and i think it's 60£ off at aks.
Think the pro alloy is slightly bigger than the wagner ,agree airtech does seem popular but is that price based ? As I'm only going to go tte I'll be putting a wagner in mine

I think that there was a group buy for airtec stg2 on here and they had a good price so lots of members got one. Didn't hear any bad reviews, and it seems ti do the job very well.
For me top 3 are, proalloy, wagner, and peron. At least i'm gonna get one of them at some point for my car.

Reactions: S3Alex and Smirky
It's ordered from a uk dealer for spec just ordered it now was £1150 all in and should be 1-2 weeks Just need to address this rubbing

That
It's ordered from a uk dealer for spec just ordered it now was £1150 all in and should be 1-2 weeks Just need to address this rubbing[/QUOTE
That's a very good price ,if there paying the import duty
If your having it fitted at amd ask them about the rubbing as Alex runs 245's (I think) with pro race alloys and has no rubbing and amd sorted that out ,
If it's the outside that's catching there is a screw that holds the bumper on that can be removed

A couple of degrees of negative camber should sort the rear rubbing.

The Proalloy is the biggest but the Airtec is good value.

You know what I have .....

I saw about the negative camber you posted in another post Alex is -3* too much for road use. Would I have to match this at the front also

I saw about the negative camber you posted in another post Alex is -3* too much for road use. Would I have to match this at the front also

I would say so yes.
2 degrees and remove the arch liner screw.

I can get 245x40x18s to work with that

Cheers Alex I'll remove the screw tonight and get AMD to do the tracking when I get the clutch done

Reactions: S3Alex