Immobiliser issues

Seizure

Reaction score
Just tried to align my clocks and keys to the ECU in order to stop the immobiliser icon flashing and to allow me to start the car.

Followed VAGCOM's instructions (mines a 2001 immobiliser II system) and it didn't work. So I checked for errors. This is what it bought up:

3 Faults Found:
01128 - Immobiliser Pickup Coil (D2)
35-00 - -
01176 - Key
07-00 - Signal to Low
01177 - Engine Control Unit
49-00 - No Communications

Now I understand what it's saying. The immobiliser pickup isn’t functioning, the battery in the key is most probably flat. And there is probably a loose connection somewhere so it can't communicate to the ECU. But, how do those codes help me solve the problem? I've only been using VAGCOM for 3 days, so please excuse me if this is a silly question.

Cheers

Right, I took a while, but I managed to solve this one, partially.

Of the 3 Faults Found I sorted two of them:

01128 - Immobiliser Pickup Coil (D2)
35-00 - -
01176 - Key
07-00 - Signal to Low

Basically the coil on the ignition barrel denoted by the code D2 on the wiring diagrams was faulty. I swapped out the clocks and ignition barrel/key with a spare set from a 1.8T I had lying around. The immobiliser light didn't flash. So I knew wiring wasn't the issue. Then I basically mish mashed the clocks and keys so I ended up with the S3 clocks I wanted and the correct transponder running on the "spare" A3 column with a working pick up coil. The signal to low must be a by-product of the coil fault.

I'm still to solve the communication problem, but I'm 90% sure it'll be a wiring issue. But there is always a chance the ECU I have is FUBAR'd. We'll see.

Just to let you know, not sure if this helps, but to adapt the keys to the dails properly you need the security code for the immobiliser.

This is only given out by audi and last for the day it is generated.

Some dealerships may give you the code, others won't.

Occasionaly my car also does the immobiliser flashing/car not starting thing (@!£"ing annoying). I don't have/use VAG.COM, any suggestions for a fix?