Imaginary five thousand pounds

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Now lets say you where given 5grand by an anonymous donor but there was 1 condition you had to spend it to Mod your car . What would be the first thing you would do to convert from standard.
:yellowrs4::blackrs4::nogarors4:

Air suspension for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 S-Line face lift and if any change left over maybe a remap or multi-function steering wheel :yes:

I'd never spend £5k on modifying my present car, I would just upgrade to a newer car.

Reactions: S., aqibi2000, samuelh_888 and 2 others
Get my car lowered, get new alloys, calipers painted and car wrapped in carbon camo colour

A full re-spray, upgraded turbo and necessary components (pipework, intercooler), remap, S3 brakes and bi-xenon headlamps.

S3 engine internals, ko4 TTE420 upgrade.
KW3 HLS + DDC suspension system.
Probably no spare change for a quaife diff fitted to my DSG.

Reactions: Hookmonster
I suppose most of these replies are gonna be to do with perfecting the imperfections on people's cars rather than modifying...

Mine, for example, would have a full bodywork overhall, dents ironed out and fully resprayed then probably everything that's tired refreshed, a bit vague I know, but there's not a lot of "specific" things I want doing that seem "out of reach" at the moment

Reactions: maxpayne
swap for 4.0 V8 TDI from A8 (a lot of cutting and hand made mods) but 5k will go for donor car / welder / engine hoist (or heist, anyway engine pick-up thing)

swap for 4.0 V8 TDI from A8 (a lot of cutting and hand made mods) but 5k will go for donor car / welder / engine hoist (or heist, anyway engine pick-up thing)
I like this idea but only as a project car, wouldn't mod the daily family wagon though.

I'd replace the protective film with new set, pro sound install and get Recaro Wingbacks - other than that, I'm pretty happy with where she is.

This is how I would spend the 5 grand on my S3 in it's current modified state (you can see already fitted upgrades in my sig):
  • BCS Powervalve WRC TBE (De-cat, Heatwrapped, Powerflex Mount & Carbon Fibre Tips) £1,350
  • Pro Alloy Intercooler (Satin Black) £600
  • Autotech HPFP Internals £330
  • Stock S3 Fuel Pump £160
  • RS4 Fuel Pressure Return Valve £50
  • MTC Runner Flap Delete £70
  • Forge Turbo Muffler Delete Pipe £140
  • Forge Silicone Throttle Body Hose £30
  • Unicorn/R-Tech Stage 2+ Custom Remap £400
  • KW ST X Coilovers £630
  • Top Mounts (x4) & Bearings (x2) £150
  • H&R ARB's (Front & Back) £340
  • SuperPro ALK £160
  • Mintex M1155 Front Brake Pads £115
  • Fluidampr Engine Damper £300
  • Forge Short Shifter £90
  • 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushing Kit £50
  • 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bracket Bushings £30
  • Sliding Shoe, Bracket & Nut £20

Last edited:
Full stainless steel exhaust and sports cat, remap, RNSE headunit, flat bottom steering wheel, full paint correction detail

Supercharger.
No question, it's a pretty well sorted 3.2 with good suspension, exhaust and I'm happy enough with it.
I'd just like to 'spring' the odd surprise or two, obviously, keeping the standard look.

Reactions: leshkin
Car would be off the road for a year or so whilst conversion takes place. How yer gonna get around?
Some cheap around like yaris, a3 8l, a2, a4, bmw 3 or 5 etc...(dont think if you spend 5k on car you don t got like 2nd car or cannot afford 500£ for cheap car)

Some cheap around like yaris, a3 8l, a2, a4, bmw 3 or 5 etc...(dont think if you spend 5k on car you don t got like 2nd car or cannot afford 500£ for cheap car)
Fair point, but the condition was to send it on mods for your car :)

Reactions: Jake 61
I suppose most of these replies are gonna be to do with perfecting the imperfections on people's cars rather than modifying...

Mine, for example, would have a full bodywork overhall, dents ironed out and fully resprayed then probably everything that's tired refreshed, a bit vague I know, but there's not a lot of "specific" things I want doing that seem "out of reach" at the moment

You sir just spoke my mind. Have a MY2005 2.0T S-Line and it has loads of dents, scratches etc. that could do with some love and 5K would be more than enough to give the old girl her dignity back!

Pair of wingbacks, facelift front end with RS3 bumper for my 8P anything left over would go on grill, splitter, front brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sir just spoke my mind. Have a MY2005 2.0T S-Line and it has loads of dents, scratches etc. that could do with some love and 5K would be more than enough to give the old girl her dignity back!

with maybe £3500 left over!! I really can't think of much I could (or would) add to mine, maybe the later double din stereo conversion so I could have an RNSE (or most likely an android alternative that looks the same).

When I got my car 5 years ago I was looking at the possibility of facelifting... but now it'd be easier to sell my car and put that cash on top of the £5000 and get myself a newer higher spec model maybe! Not really "modding" though is it!

Fair point, but the condition was to send it on mods for your car :)
that why you use 500£ off of budget, if you can accumulate (or it will be given to you) £5k don't think you can not accumulate another £500 in 1 or 2 months.