I'm at 5,500 miles - will more noise be on the way?

bradders1979

Reaction score
Car is a facelift saloon. Plenty of farts, but no pops/bangs. Unmodified.

Should it come to life soon?

Brad

Wouldn't think so mate l am on 7k miles now and it sounds pretty good mpg has improved though ye should get a res delete if you want more boy racer noise lol

Reactions: GW1, bradders1979 and Tom.H
I was thinking in getting the resonator delete but i have a years warranty would the res delete affect my warranty
Would void the warranty on the exhaust yeah which personally, I didn't care about. Not that I have a clue what can go wrong with an exhaust.. but its the engine/gearbox stuff to worry about more so.

Wouldn't think so mate l am on 7k miles now and it sounds pretty good mpg has improved though ye should get a res delete if you want more boy racer noise lol

I'm OK with the sound, just not getting the 'pops and bangs' that others on here have mentioned. Sounds better with the pano roof down :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm OK with the sound, just not getting the 'pops and bangs' that others on here have mentioned. Sounds better with the pano roof down :)
It's inconsistent on my car but the weather can play a part in how the engine sounds.... Colder weather = it should sound better

Reactions: GW1, Bells and bradders1979
Maybe worth unplugging your exhaust valves!

Reactions: oli356
It's inconsistent on my car but the weather can play a part in how the engine sounds.... Colder weather = it should sound better
Past few mornings when it's been 13c have made the car sound better for the first few mins compared to the 20c mornings recently !

Does having the roof open make much difference? Compared to opening the windows or well it being shut. Problem is with windows at speed is you get the wind noise but I guess with the roof less so?
It's the one thing I want on mine :(

Does everyone know once you cylce the ignition ie switch off and go to bed and the next day you start up you need to cycle the switch I click mine 6 times to go out of dynamic and back in it says your in dynamic from the night before but if you don't cycle out and back in the pops n bangs valves ect aint there??

Wouldn't expect you to get many more mate, I'm at 16k miles. I'm getting a BCS Res delete next Friday, should get what you're after with that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bradders1979
Even if i go for fuel and leave the garage I don't get the farts till I cycle and my valves are unplugged with rez delete

Past few mornings when it's been 13c have made the car sound better for the first few mins compared to the 20c mornings recently !

Does having the roof open make much difference? Compared to opening the windows or well it being shut. Problem is with windows at speed is you get the wind noise but I guess with the roof less so?
It's the one thing I want on mine :(
Yes it does - as you say there is too much wind noise with the window down. The Audi garage made sure I had the roof open on the test drive ;)

Reactions: oli356
Does everyone know once you cylce the ignition ie switch off and go to bed and the next day you start up you need to cycle the switch I click mine 6 times to go out of dynamic and back in it says your in dynamic from the night before but if you don't cycle out and back in the pops n bangs valves ect aint there??

This - you have to reset back to Dynamic (or your Individual setting) each time you start the car. On each start up the engine mode defaults to 'Auto' even if your dash says Dynamic.

in Auto your exhaust note will be off unless you have the Stronic in 'S'

Mine pops and crackles literally all the time on lift off, as long as the revs are over 2k

For me the crackles on the downshift only happen in Dynamic rather than just S on the gearbox. The bangs you have to rev the car a little hard and to get more noise from them.

Mine pops and crackles literally all the time on lift off, as long as the revs are over 2k
Is your car modified in any way, also what is your mileage? I'm driving around in Dynamic, gearbox in S, cycled through modes & just getting the DSG fart :(

Reactions: Rolly12
I need to be at around 4k or just below and let off for decent pops n an od bang same as dropping a gear to hit 4 k on the gear below for max snap crackle n pop

I need to be at around 4k or just below and let off for decent pops n an od bang same as dropping a gear to hit 4 k on the gear below for max snap crackle n pop
The only thing I don’t like is when you shift down and the exhaust doesn’t make any pops or bangs as you look like a wally who can’t change gears :tearsofjoy:

The only thing I don’t like is when you shift down and the exhaust doesn’t make any pops or bangs as you look like a wally who can’t change gears :tearsofjoy:
... Which is where I am right now!

Reactions: Bells