I'm a Newbie & have some questions!

Lemto

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here. I'm currently a Skoda Fabia owner and know how helpful the Skoda forum has been. However, I'm in the market for a new car as I feel like I want to upgrade.

I'm currently looking at a 2013 Audi TT S-Line 1.8TFSI, Daytona Grey. I'm torn though, I really like the shape of the car and the general look, test drove it yesterday and although it wasn't amazing I really enjoyed the extra power. I've been told it's a girls' car, that they don't drive well and that as it is four years older than my current car, when selling in the future it's going to be harder/ depreciate faster.

I kinda just want to get it because life's too short to be fussing about everything, I have a tendency to overthink things. Interested to hear what you guys, actual Audi owners, can tell me about this car/ Audis in general.

Attachments

• Inked5e205001da947-img_2406_LI.jpg
    Inked5e205001da947-img_2406_LI.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 399
Welcome to Audi-sport.net. It’s easy to overthink things. Life is too short. If you like the car, buy it and enjoy it.

Reactions: Lemto
Don't be concerned about what anyone else thinks, (general rule for everything) it's for you not them.

Reactions: Sandra and Lemto
Welcome and nice car you’re looking at.
We’ve had a Mk1, Two Mk2’s and now a Mk3. So you could say we kinda like the TT :tearsofjoy:

Also, the 1.8 is a great engine. Decent power and likes to be revved.
Although I’ve been in more powerful cars while my wife has the TT, it never disappoints and is fun to drive.
The only thing I’d say, and this is a personal thing, if you can stretch to a quattro do it. If not though the FWD is still a great car, our current one is too.

Also, the 1.8 is a great engine. Decent power and likes to be revved.
Although I’ve been in more powerful cars while my wife has the TT, it never disappoints and is fun to drive.
The only thing I’d say, and this is a personal thing, if you can stretch to a quattro do it. If not though the FWD is still a great car, our current one is too.
Thanks for that Bairn, I'm pretty much waiting for my current car to sell before making any decisions. Hopefully it'll all work out, I seen a 2.0 TDI Black Edition TT Quattro, however it's slightly dearer and I'm not sure about Diesel engines. Could you shed any light on that particularly?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
We’ve had a TDi Mk2 and whilst I was sceptical prior to getting it, it was decent enough to drive. It was also a quattro. Ticks a lot of boxes with performance and economy......... but should really be a petrol motor in a car like that tbh

We’ve had a TDi Mk2 and whilst I was sceptical prior to getting it, it was decent enough to drive. It was also a quattro. Ticks a lot of boxes with performance and economy......... but should really be a petrol motor in a car like that tbh
What a coincidence! Thanks again for that, love forums so much! Getting to hear from people who have actual experience with something as opposed to people who are trying to sell you something is so refreshing. So, if you had to choose between a 1.8 TFSI FWD TT or 2.0 TDI Quattro TT, which would you go for?

What a coincidence! Thanks again for that, love forums so much! Getting to hear from people who have actual experience with something as opposed to people who are trying to sell you something is so refreshing. So, if you had to choose between a 1.8 TFSI FWD TT or 2.0 TDI Quattro TT, which would you go for?

Now there's a question! lol
I really value quattro over FWD. We've had many Audi's with each. If both cars were identical, I think the quattro would win the day. however, I really rate the 1.8TFSI too. The reason I value quattro is that we live in the country and our back road meets the main road on a bend where pulling out quickly is essential. quattro eliminates wheelspin on damp, wet days / FWD doesn't.
However, my wife had an A4 2.0TDI auto and the lag from the engine made the pulling away quickly dangerous. She only kept it a year purely because of this. Had it been a manual, it would've been much better (being able to rev it more when releasing the clutch.

So........ quattro / TDI / manual wins over FWD / TFSI / manual or auto, or quattro / TDI / auto for me.

Ideally you'd get a quattro / TFSI / manual................. but we're all different :yes:

Now there's a question! lol
I really value quattro over FWD. We've had many Audi's with each. If both cars were identical, I think the quattro would win the day. however, I really rate the 1.8TFSI too. The reason I value quattro is that we live in the country and our back road meets the main road on a bend where pulling out quickly is essential. quattro eliminates wheelspin on damp, wet days / FWD doesn't.
However, my wife had an A4 2.0TDI auto and the lag from the engine made the pulling away quickly dangerous. She only kept it a year purely because of this. Had it been a manual, it would've been much better (being able to rev it more when releasing the clutch.

So........ quattro / TDI / manual wins over FWD / TFSI / manual or auto, or quattro / TDI / auto for me.

Ideally you'd get a quattro / TFSI / manual................. but we're all different :yes:
Appreciate the information a lot mate, definitely food for thought. Decisions, decisions... The TDI Quattro TT I'm looking at is in England so it's pretty far from me, around 300 miles to be exact. I'll inform you all if anything happens, really just waiting for my car to sell at this point! Hope it all works out.

Appreciate the information a lot mate, definitely food for thought. Decisions, decisions... The TDI Quattro TT I'm looking at is in England so it's pretty far from me, around 300 miles to be exact. I'll inform you all if anything happens, really just waiting for my car to sell at this point! Hope it all works out.
No worries mate, you’re welcome :thumbs up:
Keep us posted on progress

I've had to mk1 TT's both Quattro and the 1.8 225 models, personally forget the "girls car" comments as totally stupid.

Personally having had at least 8 or 9 different Audi's the 2 that were not quattro were my least favourite. So I'd say go Quattro but stick to petrol as diesel is going to be in for a rough ride in the future and also a bit of a minefield with loads having had dpf and egr deletes!