Illuminated Vent - Light Power Source Fix?

Ian W

Reaction score
I've got a facelift S3 with the illuminated vents, drivers side one doesn't work and I removed it yesterday to investigate further..

I can see a very clean break on the wires (hardly any length coming out of the vent), I don't know if that was the cause or if I have broken them on removal.

Should there be an actual connector to allow for removal or are they hardwired in behind the dash? I had a good feel around within the vent area and I can't find any cables? I'm thinking now I will be best removing my light switch and piggy backing some power off that?

Has anyone else run in to this situation and can advise the easiest fix? :)

Thanks

There is a connector. The wires go into the ducting, then come out the side of the ducting into the area behind the dash.

Remove the lower dash trim from around the pedals and you should be able to look up and see a connector for it somewhere

Reactions: Ian W
There is a connector. The wires go into the ducting, then come out the side of the ducting into the area behind the dash.

Remove the lower dash trim from around the pedals and you should be able to look up and see a connector for it somewhere

Ah ok, that's great thanks. Job for the weekend then :)