Illuminated Sills Install - Anyone?

Oddie

Reaction score
Morning All,

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my A6 Black Edition, can't wait. I've spent the last few weeks looking at all sorts of extras and upgrades and came across these aftermarket illuminated sills.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-...-Led-moving-door-scuff-plate/32596198531.html

I normally stick to completely OEM stuff but I like the look of them and for the price, they are worth a short. In terms of installation, can anybody provide any info that may help?

The seem to just require a positive and negative feed, where would be best to get it from?

This part is easy, you would want the power feed from your door pin, as you want them to come on when you open the door.
OK so it would be a case of running the wires up into the door?

Yes using the puddle lights circuit as the trigger or actual feed, depending on the load, tbh may be able to use foot well light wiring so as to save going into the doors.

Reactions: jojo
Yes using the puddle lights circuit as the trigger or actual feed, depending on the load, tbh may be able to use foot well light wiring so as to save going into the doors.
Thanks Nigel, I was hoping to use the wires for the footwell lights, I think that might be the easiest option.

Tbh foot wells would be easier saves going into the doors tbh, they turn on/off with the doors, unless you've coded anything to be constantly on.

Sorry that's what I meant. They should arrive in a few weeks so i'll have a look at getting them installed when they arrive. Thanks for your input.

I went and had a bit of a nosey at a friends A6 yesterday and had a quick look at the sill area to try and work out how hard it's going to be to run the wires to the footwell lights. Doesn't look overly difficult but one thing I did struggle with was removing the big rubber seal that runs alongside the sill at the bottom of the car. How on earth does that come off? I tried pulling outwards and upwards but to no avail.

Hope it's ok to revive this thread!

@Oddie can you tell me how you proceeded with this?

I’ve received some cheap-*** illuminated sills for my C7 – my initial intention was to hook them into the footwell lights, however, after giving it some thought, I’m not sure that’s the best hook in, given that the footwell lights are on (dim) during driving.

Looks like I may have to go into the door, but using the exiting conduit might be a tad difficult by the looks of it.

Any advice appreciated

Cheers