Illuminated door sills?

GazWeavs

Reaction score
Hey all, well it's been a couple of weeks now getting used to the A7 and I've still got a big smile on my face every time I drive it so that says it all really. I have a question about the door sill trims though and hope someone more knowledgeable may have the answer.
My car has the LED lighting pack with ambient lights in the door cards but I can't help thinking the door sill plates should be illuminated? They are S Line trims with a strip that looks like it should or could light up but doesn't. I remember reading in one forum that this option is disabled in some way if you have the door cards illuminated or I may have read it wrong? Any advice gratefully appreciated please.

The LED lighting pack, and the Ambiant Lighting pack are two separate options offered by Audi.

See here for more info.

Thanks for the reply RAF_S7. This is what I am confused about? I believe my car has both ambient and LED as it has everything as described for both options except the illuminated door sills? I only have the option to increase or decrease the brightness of the ambient internal lighting on the MMI but not sure if I should see any other options? It's not a big issue to me though but just thought I'd ask in case they aren't working for some reason. If they don't illuminate then I can live with that. Thanks.

I have the illuminated doorsteps on the S7 as part of the Ambient pack and there is no option to turn on/off via MMI.

I’m not sure if their brightness is adjustable via MMI (I know the interior LEDs are) Not @ home to check.