Illuminated door sill

dav150n

Reaction score
Hi people. After a few years of owning a couple of SEAT’s a Golf and an Aygo (don’t ask). I am finally back to owning an Audi. I have just bought a 68 A3 Black edition saloon.
I have just noticed today that the drivers side sill does not light up! Now I am sure it did when I bought it (last week) as I went outside to see what it lit up like as soon as it got dark.
Does anybody know if this would be covered under the audi approved warranty or would it be classed as wear and tear??

If you've only had it a week, I don't think that would be unreasonable to expect it to remain in working condition. Assuming you bought it Approved Used......

Reactions: NHN
If you've only had it a week, I don't think that would be unreasonable to expect it to remain in working condition. Assuming you bought it Approved Used......
Fingers crossed they think the same. Thanks for the reply.

Anybody know if it’s possible to check they work via vcds? Or could the led unit of failed??

Does passengers light up, if not then maybe they're not fitted as as garrett states, any dealer worth their name would fix that a week later.

Reactions: JohnM100
If its a retrofit, the genuine aftermarket plates are battery operated, so also worth checking. Could just be a new battery is required.

Thanks for the replies. Passenger side still lights up. Drivers definitely did as I went straight out as soon as it got dark, (like a bairn with a new toy), to see what it looked like lit up. They aren’t the genuine aftermarket ones either (unfortunately) as they have the ribbon power supply. I will contact my local audi garage tomorrow to see what they say. Hopefully they’ll be forthcoming with the repair as I don’t fancy the 600+ mile round journey to Taunton and back where I got it from.

If have registered on my audi, you can see your spec in the app for your car. If it had oem door sills, will look like this.
Definitely should be covered under used approved warranty, my heated mirror failed on passengers side after 6 months of ownership, was done under warranty no issues.
Screenshot 20220418 192626

Reactions: dav150n
I’ve got the same prob, drivers side doesn’t light up, passenger side works fine, was able to pull up the sill cover and check the ribbon connector and it looked fine, it used to flicker on and off before but now it’s gone completely.

Mine is standard fit from oem as the app shows it as fitted by Audi

I’m guessing somewhere that ribbon connector has a break in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Car is booked in to local Audi garage on the 17th for investigation, hopefully be getting fixed under warranty same day too

On a similar topic, I viewed mine for the first time last night and wow they are great.

Was slightly disappointed that the rears don’t have something, or even puddle lights! Is this an easy retrofit?

On a similar topic, I viewed mine for the first time last night and wow they are great.

Was slightly disappointed that the rears don’t have something, or even puddle lights! Is this an easy retrofit?
Me too. Thinking of retrofitting the door warning lights

Just to thank people for their input. Car was fixed under audi warranty

Reactions: Swanny356 and BasDust