Illuminated Door Scuff Plates

jrumball

Reaction score
I bought a set of OEM (8V4071300) illuminated scuff plates from here they were about a third of the price of what I had seen them in other places and battery powered so no wiring .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-8V-Sportback-Limousine-beleuchtete-Einstiegsleisten-8V4071300/272330403835?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

S l1600

The kit comes with both front and rear trims batteries magnets and a wooden wedge to aid in removing the original trim.

They were easy to install and look smart. Though hard to get good exposure with stupid phone camera =)

IMG 4721 IMG 4717

My car only had trim on the front doors. This came off easily with the aid of the wooden wedge, I worked it along the closest edge of the trim and then leavened it up from the front, this stopped me from bending it . I did not make too much of an effort to remove all of the previous foam adhesive as the new adhesive pads didn't really foul on where they were before.

IMG 4714

The manual that comes with the trim gives dimensions of where to put the trim but it is hard to judge so I marked the original trim and centerer the new trim on it.

IMG 4709

On the rear I placed them where the sill was flattest.

The magnets to activate the LEDs are easy to install just place them on the trim and close the door and the magnet sticks in place on the underside of the door you then just stick the plastic retainer over it.

IMG 4712 IMG 4713

It looks like the batteries will be easy to replace as the sticky pads are the only part clipped to the trim, they are also on a timer so hopefully will last a reasonable amount of time.

IMG 4710

Last edited:
Reactions: Schizophonic
Ooooh these look cool! I wonder if they do ones that say S3 as opposed to just S. Are the trims not hard wired for the lighting power?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I had a quick look, there's a few but job to tell if they'd fit or genuine. I'm happy with the default ones, was more if they were "readily available" it'd be a nice upgrade, like what you did with yours. Looks great btw!

They seem to be a standard size the manual that came with them had instructions for A1, A3, and A4 along with 3 and 5 door variants

They seem to be a standard size the manual that came with them had instructions for A1, A3, and A4 along with 3 and 5 door variants
Interesting! Thanks for the heads up. I did see a couple for the 8P sportback, which wouldn't be much use for the 8V Saloon I'm not overly fussed, seems quite a high price for them. Thanks for the info though!

Interesting! Thanks for the heads up. I did see a couple for the 8P sportback, which wouldn't be much use for the 8V Saloon I'm not overly fussed, seems quite a high price for them. Thanks for the info though!

Completely understand I thought ~ £100 was bit on the steep side would of never of had them @ over £300 !

Reactions: Adam14
Are these not standard on the s3? Every fl I’ve seen has these.
View attachment 166736
View attachment 166737
Yup I got those. But was after where the S logo is, it saying S3. As to me just the S can quickly be misread as S line (not that there's anything wrong with that) just personal preference. I have an S3 so want to show it off at the end of the day.

Yup I got those. But was after where the S logo is, it saying S3. As to me just the S can quickly be misread as S line (not that there's anything wrong with that) just personal preference. I have an S3 so want to show it off at the end of the day.

Ahhh I see now. Think after market is the only way. Good thing is the wiring is there already for you.
Thing is where do you stop. The steering wheel and gear stick only shows S.

Ahhh I see now. Think after market is the only way. Good thing is the wiring is there already for you.
Thing is where do you stop. The steering wheel and gear stick only shows S.
You're a bad influence! The list only grows by day. For now I'm just focused on getting my detailing gear up to scratch! Think expensive mods will wait till I see what I decide at the end of my PCP term.

Reactions: Kondax and Albert Fong
You're a bad influence! The list only grows by day. For now I'm just focused on getting my detailing gear up to scratch! Think expensive mods will wait till I see what I decide at the end of my PCP term.

This forum is a bad influence. Got my list of mods already. Just need cash now :welcoming:

Hello, do you still have the installation manual? Can you upload or send me photos of the instructions? I did not get a manual with my shipping.

Thanks

I bought a set of OEM (8V4071300) illuminated scuff plates from here they were about a third of the price of what I had seen them in other places and battery powered so no wiring .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-8V-Sportback-Limousine-beleuchtete-Einstiegsleisten-8V4071300/272330403835?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

View attachment 166724

The kit comes with both front and rear trims batteries magnets and a wooden wedge to aid in removing the original trim.

They were easy to install and look smart. Though hard to get good exposure with stupid phone camera =)

View attachment 166725 View attachment 166726

My car only had trim on the front doors. This came off easily with the aid of the wooden wedge, I worked it along the closest edge of the trim and then leavened it up from the front, this stopped me from bending it . I did not make too much of an effort to remove all of the previous foam adhesive as the new adhesive pads didn't really foul on where they were before.

View attachment 166730

The manual that comes with the trim gives dimensions of where to put the trim but it is hard to judge so I marked the original trim and centerer the new trim on it.

View attachment 166729

On the rear I placed them where the sill was flattest.

The magnets to activate the LEDs are easy to install just place them on the trim and close the door and the magnet sticks in place on the underside of the door you then just stick the plastic retainer over it.

View attachment 166731 View attachment 166727

It looks like the batteries will be easy to replace as the sticky pads are the only part clipped to the trim, they are also on a timer so hopefully will last a reasonable amount of time.

View attachment 166728

Thumbnail IMG 6544

Just installed the Quattro ones...got them on sale from Poole Audi, £90 for all four!

Hello, do you still have the installation manual? Can you upload or send me photos of the instructions? I did not get a manual with my shipping.

Thanks
Maybe I will look tomorrow, from memory, it was just clean the surfaces and make sure the magnet was in line with the scuff plate when the door closed ?

Its not rocket science.

Using masking tape to mark where old ones are, or just the joining line of the interior trim as your guide point.

Remove old ones.

Clean old adhesive off and clean surface.

Clean bottom of door where magnet will go.

Fit new plates.

Remove masking tape and any guide points etc.

Put magnet on the section of plate where the light turns off, close door - the magnet then jumps onto the door.

Put sticky cover over magnet.

Job done.

Thanks, thought it was specifically Poole Audi. Looks like it was only the quattro ones on sale

Poole Audi operate and own that website, so it is.

YEs, dosent look like there is much left, worth a call to them though