1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Illuminated door handles

David Cox May 10, 2018

1. David Cox

David Cox New Member

OK, so I have a set of door panels to go in when get round to it. Have the puddle and red lamps to fit, got wiring for that sorted.
    Question is, I have happened upon a set of illuminated door pulls from an A6, different handle so I grabbed the inner light, looking at my panels/handles I see the clip is there, so is it possible to cut a slot and fit the A6 light to A4 bits and wire up somehow? Cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. martin1984

martin1984 Well-Known Member Team Silver Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

I think you maybe on a first if you mean outside door handle i started doing a diy project ive only got one door done put some pics of the parts you have up.heres a pic of what ive done so far.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

4. David Cox

David Cox New Member

Cool, no its interior ones, did try to post the picture, but not playing (!?)
    Its clear curved plastic bulb holder, looks a bit like a razor, the inner handle has the clip so I'm thinking put a slot in top and should all snap together, the wiring to sort.

5. martin1984

There is ome lights i for the interio so maybe could take a pic for i have a look at part and see but cant see why i wont work for you

6. David Cox

David Cox New Member

Viewed from back.

Attached Files:

7. martin1984

I think the hardest part will be the wireing as which one to tap into for them unless u go off the puddle light wires

8. David Cox

David Cox New Member

Think puddle lights only go on when door opens, so I'll try and find more info, or wire to sidelights.

9. martin1984

Yea they do onky wrk when door open and each door is independent. Might be worth searching for the ome part and see where that conects to.

10. martin1984

This is pic of a ome one [​IMG][​IMG]

11. David Cox

David Cox New Member

Looks very similar, except A6 has one square side, may just try cutting a slot and trial fit then look for wiring.