Illuminated door handle intensity

lowlife89

Reaction score
Hi,

My car has the illuminated door handles, the problem is they're very, very DIM. In pitch black, they barely light up your fingertips when reaching for the handle. Any way of upping the light output?

Handle

Get some brighter LEDs?
Nice RS4 door handles though!

They're not mine. But thinking about buying a set :)

Got a tip from a guy, says I need a 5mm LED and a 1k OHM resistance on the wire. I'll have a go.

Just pop into Halfords, they sell a pack of 5 red leds in holders already 12v so no need for a resistor unless you actually want them duller than what they are, I used these in my little cubby hole under the headlight switch.

Not going to lie, I've never liked or been interested and thus never remembered any electrical-related classes I've somehow passed. The Guy said use a resistor, I'll try with and without one and see what's up.

Hate to post a link without having received them, but, in case I forget - ordered a bunch of diffused red LEDs: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...32552692673.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.iq5eDT

I'll come back with an update in 2 months :happy:

Haha I didn't even knew I had illuminated door handles, before taking the door card off

I just fitted brighter diodes..

And fitted an extra to the door storage..

Looks the part