Igntion Timing on a BUH engine

rayhall

Reaction score
Hello,
I have the engine out of a RS6 V10 fitted to a Ultima Evolution. I am using the Motec M150 ECU I have tuned the engine on my dyno, but I am a bit disappointed in the power it makes and how little ignition timing it will except without knocking.

I was hoping some one could tell me if some thing is wrong or this is normal. The engine is stock. It is fitted with two Garrett GT3071R Gen II turbochargers. On Australian 98 octane pump fuel and 18 psi boost it made 680 HP at the wheels with just 3 degrees of ignition advance. Any more timing and it knocked This is a walk around video of the car.

Jees bet thats insane to drive.

Hello,
I have the engine out of a RS6 V10 fitted to a Ultima Evolution. I am using the Motec M150 ECU I have tuned the engine on my dyno, but I am a bit disappointed in the power it makes and how little ignition timing it will except without knocking.

I was hoping some one could tell me if some thing is wrong or this is normal. The engine is stock. It is fitted with two Garrett GT3071R Gen II turbochargers. On Australian 98 octane pump fuel and 18 psi boost it made 680 HP at the wheels with just 3 degrees of ignition advance. Any more timing and it knocked This is a walk around video of the car.

Most of the big power cars in the UK are running upgrades, injectors, intercoolers, gearbox and hybrid tte850+ turbos

GT3071R if I'm correct are good for what about 500bhp each? Therefore 1000bhp total, factor in drivetrain losses and 680whp is impressive for just a turbo swap, maybe look into injectors and cooling systems

After changing the cylinder TDC's to odd fire the engine made 803HP at 18 psi boost. I could add 9 degress more timing. See dyno screen shot.

Attachments

• UltimaV10Dyno803HP.jpg
    UltimaV10Dyno803HP.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 220