Ignition live in engine bay?

Wabby

Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody know a location of a good ignition live in the engine bay on a 2004 tdi 8p?

Would go out with my MM but its ******* it down, and I need to design a circuit with cable length.

Would any of the points on the engine fuse/relay box be switched live? Very low amperage aswell if possible.

Ta

IS 75x on the relay panel under the bonnet going to be ok to take a switched live from, to drive a relay?

Ta

Also, I could do with a permanent switched live, not one that pulses off/on when starter motor is powering.

Anybody any ideas?

Can go into the cab if need be.

Sorry mate - not quite sure what you mean by permanent switched live, not pulsing. Also what do you mean by low amperage ? Are you wanting a +12volt supply that is energised when the ignition is switched on and which only needs to supply a small current?

Yes, that is what I am after. It MUST, however, not trip off/on when the starter is energized (I read that point 75x under the dash looses power whilst cranking).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

All power supply outlets will drop in voltage as the starter is operated due to the massive load on the battery. That's why the lights dim if they are on when starting the car. Even the low power instrument lighting dims. What circuit are you trying to design ?

I dont mind a drop in voltage, aslong as it stays above 6v to keep my relay open :)

I was going to suggest you use a 6v regulator and 6v relay. PM me your email address and I will send you a photo of where I connected an ignition switched live in the engine bay fusebox. I also used an in-line 1 amp fuse for protection.