Igniter for Passenger Airbag Release Valve

stilts

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and hoping for some help. The airbag light came on a month or so back (amber and static), at the time I scanned the car for errors with Carista, it returned the following:

Airbags, 9572113
Igniter for Passenger Airbag Release Valve (Short to Ground)

I tried the reset using the app, however, the warning returned.

I've tried removing/reinserting the yellow airbag connector under the passenger seat, done this with and with the negative battery connector attached.

I've also paid Newcastle Audi to diagnose the fault, they charged me £60 to tell what I already knew and they'd need more time to diagnose (and a further £243).

Anybody out there can help it would be much appreciated.

Hi all, new to the forum and hoping for some help. The airbag light came on a month or so back (amber and static), at the time I scanned the car for errors with Carista, it returned the following:

Airbags, 9572113
Igniter for Passenger Airbag Release Valve (Short to Ground)

I tried the reset using the app, however, the warning returned.

I've tried removing/reinserting the yellow airbag connector under the passenger seat, done this with and with the negative battery connector attached.

I've also paid Newcastle Audi to diagnose the fault, they charged me £60 to tell what I already knew and they'd need more time to diagnose (and a further £243).

Anybody out there can help it would be much appreciated.

Hi, did you found the problem, got the same on my car. a6 c7 allroad.

Hi, did you found the problem, got the same on my car. a6 c7 allroad.
Hi Kim

I took it to a local auto electrician who simply issued a reset which took the light off.

However, 2 years on and the same problem and code has returned, weird though it was at the time of an mot and the light wasn’t on, but came on when they were doing the mot.

They can’t remove it, did you manage to sort yours, any help appreciated?