If youre looking for an un-marked S3 then stay clear of this one, and Coulsdon Audi..

They will never ring you, you need to ring them. I waited a month for a part and when i rang them they said it had come in next day but forgot to ring me ...
Yeah I was kind of getting that impression. When I've got time to pop over there I'll give them a call.

Audi dealerships NEVER phone back, unless you are buying a car and they want the deposit!

After posting on Audi UK's Facebook page i have been advised to email customer services..

So email sent, and lets hope someone receives a kick up the rear for this..

And id hope that Harrogate Audi receive a pat on the back for their level of service and attention to detail theyve shown us :)

Well ive just spoken to Craig Westwood from Audi, and it looks like things are starting to happen.

I only hope that Coulsdon takes my comments on board, so no one else has to put up with their shoddy customer service :)

Well you know whats going to happen if they dont !!

They have some saving grace in the fact that they may be able to pull it off next week, but if they cant then i will be ever so slightly cheesed off.

Well ive just spoken to Craig Westwood from Audi, and it looks like things are starting to happen.

I only hope that Coulsdon takes my comments on board, so no one else has to put up with their shoddy customer service :)

Well you know whats going to happen if they dont !!

They have some saving grace in the fact that they may be able to pull it off next week, but if they cant then i will be ever so slightly cheesed off.

Ive seen photos Dave after they sorted the front bumper, and to be honest it was spot on :)

I cant see you having any issues with it (fingers, legs and arms crossed)

Thanks Matey.

I am always optimistic as the TDI is now minted again & i will never part ex a dirty or manky car.

On occasions my part ex has been cleaner than the one i,ve bought (bikes included), but thats another story.

Flying Jaffa here we come.

I saw Mark (swatchuk) yesterday as he came for the rear lights to be swapped over. What a joy it was to see an orange S3 turn the corner.
Nice lad as well. Spent a lot of money on it.
Incidentally he was stopped by the local plod on the way to my house which does,nt bode well for me at all now i know he is on the look out for Jaffa Audis

Thanks Matey.

I am always optimistic as the TDI is now minted again & i will never part ex a dirty or manky car.

On occasions my part ex has been cleaner than the one i,ve bought (bikes included), but thats another story.

Flying Jaffa here we come.

I saw Mark (swatchuk) yesterday as he came for the rear lights to be swapped over. What a joy it was to see an orange S3 turn the corner.
Nice lad as well. Spent a lot of money on it.
Incidentally he was stopped by the local plod on the way to my house which does,nt bode well for me at all now i know he is on the look out for Jaffa Audis

I think well all have to organise a get together once everyone's collected their new S3's :)

As long as i can bring my tITTyaRSe along

The new S3 is going to be definitely worth all the hassle as going to look absolutely stunning.....Audi Exclusive paint colour and no hint of orange!

Ps: anybody that's on the face book page keep quiet lol....see how long I can keep the secret lol

not on your facebook but as i have been looking for an s3 id say it was the plum one....... gorgeous colour but definately femine only.

I think Audi are currently riding a wave of popularity right now, there are so many of them down here the sales people have a queue of customers just waiting. Some of the sales people truly believe we don't matter because we're just one in the queue of many. What they forget is long after they've moved to BMW or MB its die hards like us lot who are their core customer base, the others they **** off now will just move on.

I find as an Audi enthusiast I am more hassle to Audi than a dumb *** clueless customer because I can find out what issues I have with VCDS, get shared info from on here and they can't pull the wool so easily. Non car enthusiasts are much better customers as when Audi say work needs doing they are less likely to challenge it. Audi franchises seem to hate knowledgeable customers; we re trouble as we can see through their lies and most of us know Jeremy Hicks exists if it gets too painful!!!

It's no accident I've been to Goodwood with full Audi hospitality twice, had a case of wine and a free 4Gb Rosemeyer USB stick because I let my dissatisfaction be know. They offered me a free airline / hospitality ticket to Dusseldorf for the A1 launch the year before last but I couldn't go. Audi UK make up for a multitude of dirty little secrets.

I bought a new S3 and got a small packet of shortbread :)

I got free alu trim, 2 cups of coffee, and free gap insurance/wheel damage cover but that was because my salesman felt sorry for us that his sales mgr adjusted our trade in price down (at least we got 9.5% discount).

Now for 3 years of warranty related condescending bull**** where I just want to punch the person on the opposite side of the desk in the face as they tell me I'm a hypochondriac perfectionist and if the car brakes down then they'll fix it! What's wrong with hoping your 'S' car performs like an 'S' car? If I wasn't bothered I'd buy a 1.2 TFSi!

Anybody had dealings with coventry audi? I've ordered an A3 black edition from them. As an earlier post said, they have my deposit and now it's all gone quiet!!!

Five years of Audi ownership Nige! I'm having counselling for it, but it's not getting any easier, so the drink will only help;-)

as long as u not driving!!

Nah I'd only spill it lmfao.

Five years of Audi ownership Nige! I'm having counselling for it, but it's not getting any easier, so the drink will only help;-)

Lmfao so true man, anxieties of owning audi's.

Tomorrow the sb is having an ecu flash to maybe resolve a cold start fuelling issue, TPI only known from 2010 onwards, effing shyte that is mate as my map will go & have to wait a week for him to return to reappply it for me, arrgghhh, but hoping it gets fixed with this flash anyway.

This was pointed out to me by A8Tech Jon who is a damn nice chap tbh, very well informed & knowledgable on vag's.

tpi 2014709/12
Cold engine difficult to start, misfires and has white/blue smoke - 2.0l 4V TDI Release date: 14-Jul-2010

Cold engine difficult to start, misfiring and white smoke or sporadic blue smoke. The engine has no coolant loss.

Technical background

1) The fuel quantity at the start is too low.

To locate the cause of the complaint remove the plug from the coolant temperature sender (G62). If the cold engine starts correctly, update the engine control unit

So much emotional hot air and a subject matter repeated on every car Forum I have ever visited.
Most dealerships are different as are the staff, and generalisations rarely apply.
I visited several Audi dealerships prior to purchase, they all varied. At one a large framed salesman was overbearing and bullying, at another the female was smarmy and tarty, all tight skirt and pointy tits, and another the very epitome of courtesy and ability to listen to MY needs.
As always when buying I never make the mistake of thinking that I'm going to be a buddy of the salesperson and see through the charm and bull****, but do recognise basic good manners. The 'have a seat and a coffee' scenario is old hat but if you're man or woman enough and have self confidence it need not make you feel obligated. Occasionaly I will not take a seat or drink which usually confuses and diminishes their control over you and the situation, and I will take a walk round the showroom and outside if being made to wait.
There is one reaction to my initial enquiry at a showroom which sends me straight out the door FAST, and that is when I'm asked " If we have the right car for you sir, will you buy today", it's straight out of the Childrens Primer To Selling. The arrogance of the question is breathtaking, but it's part of their training - bless.
You also get and good as you give. In the end people buy from people and who the heck do YOU think you are if you walz into a showroom all know-it-all, sneers and looking down your nose at the staff then serves you right if they don't respect you or even work hard for your business. Why should they demeen themselves just for a sale? I assure you the snotty buyer does NOT get the best deal - he may think he has. In some markets demand for products or services is healthy and despite assumptions to the contary it is NOT always a buyers market.

I wouldnt even disrespect my drink by inserting into an a3 cup holder lol.

Wafter, the Oscars are due soon good luck.

and who the heck do YOU think you are if you walz into a showroom all know-it-all, sneers and looking down your nose at the staff then serves you right if they don't respect you or even work hard for your business. Why should they demeen themselves just for a sale? I assure you the snotty buyer does NOT get the best deal - he may think he has. In some markets demand for products or services is healthy and despite assumptions to the contary it is NOT always a buyers market.

I think the issue is they don't demean themselves at all, most of these sales people demean us, and don't understand what premium service is. I'm not looking for a red carpet, I dont want a best mate, I want efficiency, candid honesty, a listening ear, and someone who isn't afraid to say I don't know rather than bull**** me when they don't have the answer. They know nothing of the subtleties of good service which is quiet, measured, efficient, reflective and RESPONSIVE. An afternoon spent in Grays of Westminster observing incredibly well crafted customer care & sales would do none of them any harm. I'm very lucky to have found Brian Clements in Newbury, he's a bit of a star in a very poor portfolio down South.

Just a question, has anyone ever got a test drive without a ****** rep sitting there?

Just a question, has anyone ever got a test drive without a ****** rep sitting there?

Been testing a few cars recently from Audi and some other...ahem...makes. Not one has let me drive on my own and it always feel like I'm on my driving test so I never get a true feel for the car. That might be down to me being too polite though.
The best test drive I had was with Seat when I bought my Cupra. The salesman just threw me the keys and said "go and have fun"....and I did lol!!!

Nope, but I did once nearly make a rep sick, id had a clio 172 from new that was sadly rear ended and ended up looking at a 182, thing is there is a lot of dual carriageways and roundabouts here. Well after a few sideways moments etc on damp roundabouts and a few other interesting manouvers testing out the newer cup chassis etc when we got back to the dealership with smoking brakes I parked the car up turned to speak to him and he was ghost white with one hand firmly on the door and the other still grasping the seatbelt. I said naa not for me.

When I left the dealership about 5 mins later he was still in the car..

So much emotional hot air and a subject matter repeated on every car Forum I have ever visited.
Most dealerships are different as are the staff, and generalisations rarely apply.
I visited several Audi dealerships prior to purchase, they all varied. At one a large framed salesman was overbearing and bullying, at another the female was smarmy and tarty, all tight skirt and pointy tits, and another the very epitome of courtesy and ability to listen to MY needs.
As always when buying I never make the mistake of thinking that I'm going to be a buddy of the salesperson and see through the charm and bull****, but do recognise basic good manners. The 'have a seat and a coffee' scenario is old hat but if you're man or woman enough and have self confidence it need not make you feel obligated. Occasionaly I will not take a seat or drink which usually confuses and diminishes their control over you and the situation, and I will take a walk round the showroom and outside if being made to wait.
There is one reaction to my initial enquiry at a showroom which sends me straight out the door FAST, and that is when I'm asked " If we have the right car for you sir, will you buy today", it's straight out of the Childrens Primer To Selling. The arrogance of the question is breathtaking, but it's part of their training - bless.
You also get and good as you give. In the end people buy from people and who the heck do YOU think you are if you walz into a showroom all know-it-all, sneers and looking down your nose at the staff then serves you right if they don't respect you or even work hard for your business. Why should they demeen themselves just for a sale? I assure you the snotty buyer does NOT get the best deal - he may think he has. In some markets demand for products or services is healthy and despite assumptions to the contary it is NOT always a buyers market.

My issue is simply one of basic respect - an assumption that if I walk into a car dealership with a reasonable knowledge of the car I'm asking about, but some questions, that I may actually have the means to buy the car... I'm fairly young, and was treated like crap at several dealerships seemingly because of it. I don't need red carpets and ****-licking, I just need to be taken seriously, have my questions answered honestly, a willingness to make a reasonable deal and a useful level of communication both before and after the sale. Turning up at the showroom for a test drive to be told that the car in question had been sold several days before, then offered a completely different spec, is an issue. As is being refused a test drive unless I was willing to put a refundable deposit down first... they shot themselves in the foot on that one, as a gentleman nearby who was on the point of handing over a deposit on an A8 overheard the whole thing and left.

There's a distinct difference between expecting toadying salesmen, and expecting a reasonable level of service when I'm about to buy a car worth £30k

I'd just like to say that I have always had really good service from Camberley Audi, both the service department and even the parts guys. The parts guys don't necessarrily have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to buying parts that were not originally specified on my car but they are courteous and have always called me back when they said they would/when new parts have arrived. Likewise the service team, they're always courteous, I'm addressed as Mr .... and the work has always been satisfactory as far as I can tell.

That said if APS in Brackley were closer to me then I take my car there every time. Ed and the team have been brilliant every time I've been there.

Well ive just come off the phone from Craig Westwood at Audi UK, and they have taken our bad experience with Coulsdon Audi very serious.

This is going to be dealt with internally and i just hope that they learn from their mistakes. Im not suggesting that every dealer, infact every business gets it right every time. But if you make a mistake (as they did), then you need to put it right. In this case, it has been left to Audi UK to sort the mess out.

Moving onto Audi UK, i cant thank them enough for the way they have looked into this for me and their gesture of goodwill is certainly appreciated.

So all in all i am a happy bunny, and can now move on with Harrogate Audi and look forward to the new S3 arriving sometime in March.