If youre looking for an un-marked S3 then stay clear of this one, and Coulsdon Audi..

ABYSS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
After the problems with the Solar Orange Sportback, we went on the hunt for another Solar Orange S3

So about a week ago we found this one

4d591948.jpg

i started conversing with an Adele and we agreed a deal. From the begining i had explained the problems we had experienced with the SB and that the car would be used for promoting Juicy Detailing.

She was desperate to take a deposit off me, but i had another one of "those feelings"..

So last weekend we dropped the 2 girls off in the West Midlands with their Dad and decided to drive from Birmingham to Coulsdon Audi in Croydon. I emailed Adele to say we were coming down as we didnt want a repeat of the last time and left it at that.

When we arrived the S3 was parked outside looking absolutely perfect. A salesman came over and we mentioned we'd been speaking to Adele and he said he had the keys as it was hid demo.

So we had the keys, and he went off to shovel some snow..

Jen went to inspect the car and it was far from perfect.

3 out of 4 alloys are/were kerbed

There were 2 gouges in the bottom valance of the front bumper :(

But worst of all there is was cut mark in the rear bumber in near the rear arch!!!!!!

It was like someone had taken a steak knife (i used to be a butcher) and hit the outer edge of the bumper..

At this point i saw RED and Jen was gutted. I said to Jen i cant ******** believe this, after everything ive told Adele about our experience with their competitor you would of thought they would of made sure the car was spot on. The damage to both bumpers would mean that both bumpers would need repainting, making this car and even worse prospect than the first one.

Ok in their defence wed just decided to drive to see the car at 1pm that day, but surely a demo shouldnt be in the state that this car was/is in. I just wish id taken photos.

At this point we jumped back into the car and rang Adele..

"shes outside with a customer", and hour later i rang again and was told "shes outside with a customer" to which i replied, "she must be bloddy cold is shes been outside all of this time" and put the phone down.

Between 2.30/3.00pm when we left and 4.45pm i rang every 30-40 mins and no one could speak to me.

Eventually Adele rang us at 4.45pm to apologise, she didnt have time to speak to us and give us the impression that we were in the wrong by driving down there.. *** i came to buy a car off you lady!!!!!!!

She said she could do no more than aplogise, and would ring me on Monday..

So guess what???????

Its now wednesday and im not heard from Adele so ive posted this on here and i am going to email a link to the thread to anyone and everyone i can find on the Coulsdon Audi website. Give them 24 hours to contact me, then im going to Audi UK.

So do yourselves a favour, and dont bother ringing Adele or anyone else at Couldson Audi as theyre always outside shovelling snow :)

For the record we bought a brand new Black Edition S3 thats due in March from Harrogate Audi, so if youre in the market for a new Audi then get in touch with Hayley Keatinge the New Car Sales Manager as she is a very generous girl :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Paullie, GNJ_Motorsport, N8 and 7 others
Sounds like some dealers just not interested, i too have been looking for an s3 but the dealers are way off on price, i have however after reccomend from Paul who was recommended from yourself spoken and done a deal with Hayley....thankyou and thanks to paul....

Cant understand the mentality of it **** poor customer service glad you got your car sorted in the end and good to name and shame wish you luck with your new aquisition

Audi dealerships on the M4 corridor and South of it are generally awful. I've visited Reading, Swindon, Poole, Newbury, Canterbury and they've all been various flavours of $h1t through to bildge.

I absolutely love the product, but the arrogant, complacent, aloof, condescending and demeaning service you receive from these predominantly self interested morons is a disgrace to the brand, and can ultimately only end badl for both parties. If it wasn't for Brian Clements in Newbury I'd have defected after 20 years of VAG.

Whenever I go to events where Audi UK are present them seem great people, the problem in franchised dealerships is they don't really care about what sign is over the door as long as the commission keeps coming in.

I'm very tempted to use independents for servicing as my skin crawls just being in their dealership. There isn't a more unpleasant way to spend £150 an hour +VAT other than maybe being scammed by Nigerian web pirates.

Im so sorry to hear of your woes, it's unforgivable really. I'd get Audi UK involved immediately as having expectations for these dealerships tends to be a dead loss and a waste of good breath. Good luck.

Last edited:
After the problems with the Solar Orange Sportback, we went on the hunt for another Solar Orange S3

So about a week ago we found this one

4d591948.jpg

i started conversing with an Adele and we agreed a deal. From the begining i had explained the problems we had experienced with the SB and that the car would be used for promoting Juicy Detailing.

She was desperate to take a deposit off me, but i had another one of "those feelings"..

So last weekend we dropped the 2 girls off in the West Midlands with their Dad and decided to drive from Birmingham to Coulsdon Audi in Croydon. I emailed Adele to say we were coming down as we didnt want a repeat of the last time and left it at that.

When we arrived the S3 was parked outside looking absolutely perfect. A salesman came over and we mentioned we'd been speaking to Adele and he said he had the keys as it was hid demo.

So we had the keys, and he went off to shovel some snow..

Jen went to inspect the car and it was far from perfect.

3 out of 4 alloys are/were kerbed

There were 2 gouges in the bottom valance of the front bumper :(

But worst of all there is was cut mark in the rear bumber in near the rear arch!!!!!!

It was like someone had taken a steak knife (i used to be a butcher) and hit the outer edge of the bumper..

At this point i saw RED and Jen was gutted. I said to Jen i cant ******** believe this, after everything ive told Adele about our experience with their competitor you would of thought they would of made sure the car was spot on. The damage to both bumpers would mean that both bumpers would need repainting, making this car and even worse prospect than the first one.

Ok in their defence wed just decided to drive to see the car at 1pm that day, but surely a demo shouldnt be in the state that this car was/is in. I just wish id taken photos.

At this point we jumped back into the car and rang Adele..

"shes outside with a customer", and hour later i rang again and was told "shes outside with a customer" to which i replied, "she must be bloddy cold is shes been outside all of this time" and put the phone down.

Between 2.30/3.00pm when we left and 4.45pm i rang every 30-40 mins and no one could speak to me.

Eventually Adele rang us at 4.45pm to apologise, she didnt have time to speak to us and give us the impression that we were in the wrong by driving down there.. *** i came to buy a car off you lady!!!!!!!

She said she could do no more than aplogise, and would ring me on Monday..

So guess what???????

Its now wednesday and im not heard from Adele so ive posted this on here and i am going to email a link to the thread to anyone and everyone i can find on the Coulsdon Audi website. Give them 24 hours to contact me, then im going to Audi UK.

So do yourselves a favour, and dont bother ringing Adele or anyone else at Couldson Audi as theyre always outside shovelling snow :)

For the record we bought a brand new Black Edition S3 thats due in March from Harrogate Audi, so if youre in the market for a new Audi then get in touch with Hayley Keatinge the New Car Sales Manager as she is a very generous girl :)

In what way is she generous ?:wub:

Shoddy service mate especially from a dealer you dont expect it and they deserve to lose the sale

In what way is she generous ?:wub:

Shoddy service mate especially from a dealer you dont expect it and they deserve to lose the sale

We dealt with Harrogate Audi last year on a used car and they were spot on, but the new car dept has impressed us even more.

Im more than willing to praise them, but that doesnt include mentioning anything about Hayleys generosity :)

Thinking of selling my S3 so buy mine instead lol but it is crap when you drive all that way to look at a car and its not as described

I cant believe it either mate but i tell ya. Your rant will seem like nothing if theres owt wrong with mine when i pick it up

I will be ripping someone a new ********

Sounds like some dealers just not interested, i too have been looking for an s3 but the dealers are way off on price, i have however after reccomend from Paul who was recommended from yourself spoken and done a deal with Hayley....thankyou and thanks to paul....

Yep, Harrogate seem to have it right.

Helpful, prompt, professional and the cars are not only available, but well priced.
I like this no bull****, best price, approach, thats why I ordered a car from them.

So far Hayley and Chris have been refreshing to deal with.:icon_thumright:
Recommended.

cheers
Paul

i have dealer near me ( yes you !! in the WA2 area, if your reading this) that is an anti-sales department. they sister companies in the area that are much better to deal with. will check out harrogate audi now, as i'm possibly in the market also. no S3 though :(

Last edited:
I have struggled with every dealer in Scotland. They never took me serious or seemed the slightest bit interested in taking my money.

Shameful.

Visited Audi in Guildford today and was over the moon with the service I received. Although it may have been because i was dealing with the sales manager.

It is quite amazing how customer service differs between dealerships. My local for example, Crawley Audi, are ****** useless.

Southend Audi on the other hand were brilliant..

Reactions: Sheikh
stafford and manchester get my vote :thumbsup:

warrington make :motz:

great thread Abyss, its good to get other ppl's experience of different stealers

Highland Audi prices are a JOKE! They currently have an 09 Condor Grey DSG 3dr with 12k for £25k.
It was £26500 until a couple of days ago.
I paid £19k for my 8P3 from Arnold Clark in June! 12k 3dr Ibis.

For that reason, I don't even bother looking there for cars.

Visited Audi in Guildford today and was over the moon with the service I received. Although it may have been because i was dealing with the sales manager.

To be honest even though we felt let down by Guildford with the first car, the general sales manager called Kenny has been an absolute gent and he prove to me that if there was an issue, they would Ben over backwards rather than just ignoring it

To be honest even though we felt let down by Guildford with the first car, the general sales manager called Kenny has been an absolute gent and he prove to me that if there was an issue, they would Ben over backwards rather than just ignoring it

Same guy I was dealing with! Scottish guy?

Was really impressed with his level of service, although only time will tell.

Same guy I was dealing with! Scottish guy?

Was really impressed with his level of service, although only time will tell.

Thats the one :)

Never met him, but he's as sound as a pound...

But make sure you contact Hayley if youre looking for a new car, if nothing it gives you some figures to go back to Kenny with :)

I hope Harrogate (Knaresborough) Audi's servicing is as good as their sales because they are just 5 min from me and although my car came via fleet company / Coventry Audi I get to choose where it's serviced.

Andrew & Jen if you need the S3 given a pre hand-over drive i'm your local driver :racer:

The cars that Audi produce are beautiful, the Germans are true engineers, and know about innovation, technology, styling, so on and so forth. Unfortunately we all live in the UK, and the people that work in the Audi dealerships are WHOPPERS.

Glad you FINALLY got it sorted.

The cars that Audi produce are beautiful, the Germans are true engineers, and know about innovation, technology, styling, so on and so forth. Unfortunately we all live in the UK, and the people that work in the Audi dealerships are WHOPPERS.

Glad you FINALLY got it sorted.

Me too :)

Jen's really happy, and i cant wait to see the car when it turns up :)

Reactions: Paullie
Hi Andrew, i've also had very bad dealings with Coulsdon Audi Garage. Their customer service and aftersales care is appalling to say the least as i've said before. This is my experience and i'm still seething after nearly 2yrs when it happened.

The first year after i bought my audi i unfortunately took it in to Coulsdon Audi for a service. Now when i gave my car to them the leather seats were in perfect condition. When i got it back, on the driver seat base there was a small patch of top color layer peeling off. It looked like someone had been sitting in it with something rough in their back pocket. Anyway after pointing it out to them they said it could not have been them as all engineers wear some special uniform!!! I was livid to say the least and after heated discussions they offered to investigate and call me back the following day....guess what they didnt happen. So i called them and again they said they would call back. In the end i went back to garage to have a word with the service manager and he refused all fault. So now i've still got a peeling base cover!! I emailed the garage manager which was a waste of time as no response. To top it off i went in for a interim £99 service and ended up paying somewhere in the region of £200 after the service advisor(Amy i think it was) rang me to advise other things needed doing...will never ever make that mistake again!!

So if anyone knows any good reputable leather interior repairs around south London or surrey please let me know. Thanks

Hi Andrew, i've also had very bad dealings with Coulsdon Audi Garage. Their customer service and aftersales care is appalling to say the least as i've said before. This is my experience and i'm still seething after nearly 2yrs when it happened.

The first year after i bought my audi i unfortunately took it in to Coulsdon Audi for a service. Now when i gave my car to them the leather seats were in perfect condition. When i got it back, on the driver seat base there was a small patch of top color layer peeling off. It looked like someone had been sitting in it with something rough in their back pocket. Anyway after pointing it out to them they said it could not have been them as all engineers wear some special uniform!!! I was livid to say the least and after heated discussions they offered to investigate and call me back the following day....guess what they didnt happen. So i called them and again they said they would call back. In the end i went back to garage to have a word with the service manager and he refused all fault. So now i've still got a peeling base cover!! I emailed the garage manager which was a waste of time as no response. To top it off i went in for a interim £99 service and ended up paying somewhere in the region of £200 after the service advisor(Amy i think it was) rang me to advise other things needed doing...will never ever make that mistake again!!

So if anyone knows any good reputable leather interior repairs around south London or surrey please let me know. Thanks

Hi Ron,

Sounds like their head of business is going to have a busy day tomorrow..

Shall we take bets on if i hear anything from them? Or if they post on here?

I hope they do, as anyone can make a mistake.. It just takes a big man/woman to admit that mistake and try and rectify it.

Lol Well if they do post on here, firstly it would be a miracle as to actually get a response and secondly they will preach the usual crap about how keeping customers satisfied and happy is their top priority, and that they have strict procedures and standards in place to ensure that this happens..blah blah blah!!!

Anyway, i hope you and Jen eventually find a awesome motor like ur TTRS (sepang blue :drool: lol), just remember all good things come to those who wait...well kinda works for me! lol Goodluck mate with the search

EDIT: Just read ur OP again and saw you bought a new black edition. Congratulations and i'm sure you will enjoy it

Last edited:
Name and shame them, I like it.

This is my first Audi and my local dealer at Blackburn has been spot on so far, though I have only been in twice and bought the car private.

The service you received is nothing short of disgusting.

The new S3 is going to be definitely worth all the hassle as going to look absolutely stunning.....Audi Exclusive paint colour and no hint of orange!

Ps: anybody that's on the face book page keep quiet lol....see how long I can keep the secret lol

Lol Well if they do post on here, firstly it would be a miracle as to actually get a response and secondly they will preach the usual crap about how keeping customers satisfied and happy is their top priority, and that they have strict procedures and standards in place to ensure that this happens..blah blah blah!!!

Anyway, i hope you and Jen eventually find a awesome motor like ur TTRS (sepang blue :drool: lol), just remember all good things come to those who wait...well kinda works for me! lol Goodluck mate with the search

EDIT: Just read ur OP again and saw you bought a new black edition. Congratulations and i'm sure you will enjoy it

Try ringing Pete on 07903322559, I remember he did some leather work, hey its a free call for most so can only ask the question, if he cant then no loss, but he did some work for me while back & was perfect.

I found Guildford totally crap. Never again. My 3.2 came from Guildford but my S3 came from Horsham (slightly better ).
Two problems really, once you have bought the car of the nice friendly salesman he dosnt want anything to do with you again, you are then passed to the service dept and you cant assess them until you have bought the car.
Secondly.....I dont want to deal with Kenny or Chris or Steve or Knobhead ! Its a £30k business transaction !! I am Mr someone and they are Mr someone.....I am not on first name terms with these people and they are not my friends. I find the whole " Hi how are you today paddy" thing so artificial its nauseating. They dont care how i am and and anyway...its non of their ****** business. They are car salesmen, lowest of the low and out to get as much money out of me as they can so dont give me " would you like a coffee paddy" like i am not paying for all that crap in the price of the car anyway.

PS...I agree warren, the S3 will go to the local indy for its oil change next month, i am not paying £125 for an oil change and £125 for sitting in a chrome and glass waiting lounge for half an hour...ie: £250 for £150 of work. Last time i had the 3.2 serviced they charged me £100 for a gallon of oil !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well its nearly 10am and ive not received any replies to my email, or any phone calls.

But ill give them the benefit of the doubt, as they may have a lot of snow to shovel this morning :)

Try ringing Pete on 07903322559, I remember he did some leather work, hey its a free call for most so can only ask the question, if he cant then no loss, but he did some work for me while back & was perfect.

Cheers Nigel, i'll give him a call in the weekend.

Well its nearly 10am and ive not received any replies to my email, or any phone calls.

But ill give them the benefit of the doubt, as they may have a lot of snow to shovel this morning :)

Maybe they have so many complaits in their inbox that they are slowing trawling through them!! lol Also it not snowing down here, it actually pleasantly warm today compared to last week, so they have no excuses!! lol

I found Guildford totally crap. Never again.

2nd that, when my S3 8L was still under warranty, my seat needed fixing, the old microswitch problem, anyway, they had it for ages, can you believe it they couldnt fix the damn thing, it was sat in there service department on a seat bracket looking good, in end I had to take the seat, the tools of them & fix it my damn self, unbelievable, to also add to that they damaged the passenger leather, scored it on 1 location & what looked like paint or something on another, totally crap service, never been back since, never will either, rubbish dealership IMHO.

Paddy is right, audi salesmen I have to say would clean the inside of your rectum to get the car sale, but afterwards wouldnt recognise you from adam.

I mean I must spend more than any car buyer at audi in a year, but I get sweet fa recognition as a customer by the sales guys, why cause its not in there pocket, but alas, hence why I havnt bought a car from them as imho they dont deserve it mostly & the sales manager is a complete dickhead, tells me not to repair cars on the site, of which I havnt once, disabled customer had an issue with xenon parts supplied by them & I had a scan whilst he was there to see if new parts were needed since we were at the dealership.

Just fecks me of tbh the attitude of some people, you try to be nice but sometimes you have to treat them as they treat you.

Audi dealerships on the M4 corridor and South of it are generally awful. I've visited Reading, Swindon, Poole, Newbury, Canterbury and they've all been various flavours of $h1t through to bildge.

I absolutely love the product, but the arrogant, complacent, aloof, condescending and demeaning service you receive from these predominantly self interested morons is a disgrace to the brand, and can ultimately only end badl for both parties. If it wasn't for Brian Clements in Newbury I'd have defected after 20 years of VAG.

Whenever I go to events where Audi UK are present them seem great people, the problem in franchised dealerships is they don't really care about what sign is over the door as long as the commission keeps coming in.

I'm very tempted to use independents for servicing as my skin crawls just being in their dealership. There isn't a more unpleasant way to spend £150 an hour +VAT other than maybe being scammed by Nigerian web pirates.

Im so sorry to hear of your woes, it's unforgivable really. I'd get Audi UK involved immediately as having expectations for these dealerships tends to be a dead loss and a waste of good breath. Good luck.

Can add Southampton to that list!

It's absolutely shocking how you've been treated guys, unbelievable! On the plus side though, congrats on your new purchase! I bet Jen has a few sleepless nights until it's safely home with you. Can't wait to see it!!! :wub: xx

This is a pretty minor gripe, but I went to Maidstone last Tuesday to get a locking wheelnut key. There was none in stock, so i had one ordered in. No big deal I left my number and they'll call me when it's in, which was supposed to be last Thursday. Now 1 week later and no phonecall. I know it's only a small thing but poor none the less. Hope the black edition lives up to expectations, every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

They will never ring you, you need to ring them. I waited a month for a part and when i rang them they said it had come in next day but forgot to ring me ...