If you have seen a GATSO picture taken at night

rickquattro

Reaction score
As per header... If you have seen a photo from a GATSO taken, at night, of the rear of a car....

Is the make and colour of the car easy to see as well as the plate?

Thanks...

Hope this pic helps...
gatso-speed.jpg

They just zoom in. Can't do it on that small thumbnail, but on the original full res picture it'll be very clear.

AndyMac said:
They just zoom in. Can't do it on that small thumbnail, but on the original full res picture it'll be very clear.

Exactly, that was the only pic I could find, I'm sure a proper pic is much bigger and of a higher res.

Remember it takes an infra-red photo as well... so it can see your plate even if it's either cacked with motorway dirt or coated with the special reflective anti-gatso coating....

How does infra-red see your plate, even if it's caked in ***** or anti-gatso spray?, isn't it a heat produced pic, and your number plate will most probably be cold or the same temp right accross, no?

tbh I didn't think about it too much, just repeated what I read on a webpage :oops: :embarressed: Lazy research, I just assumed they worked like that as otherwise why bother with the IR ?

Its only truvelo that uses infrared, but it still flashes, it needs to in order to freeze the movement, like an engine timing light.
And the truvelo uses lines in the road not radar.