If You Had Around 10k To Spend What Car Would You Get?

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Any car, regardless of performance, practicality etc what car would you buy with £10,000 and why?

I'm not actually in the market for a new motor at the moment, at least not until this time next year, but a bit curious as to what can be had for that kind of money

£10k is a BIG budget for a used car, lots of options available, and it comes down to what you need the car for?

I'd buy the lowest mileage C6 A6 Avant 2.7/3.0 TDI Quattro Auto I can find at this moment in time. Why? My B5 Passat Estate is getting on a bit, and I want a replacement with more power and an Auto box.

That's exactly the thing, such a big budget i become spoilt for choice! Im looking at picking up a cheap as possible old ratty car for surfing and dog walking then having the 10k going on a pride and joy kinda motor

Reactions: jojo
probably an edition 30 with xenons and leather

That's exactly the thing, such a big budget i become spoilt for choice! Im looking at picking up a cheap as possible old ratty car for surfing and dog walking then having the 10k going on a pride and joy kinda motor

If you can stretch to £13k, there's a really nice B5 RS4 with 525bhp! a forum member has for sale!

Id rather spend 5 to 6k on something & keep the rest, my days of spending 24k on a motor & watching it devalue faster than Husain Bolt can run are over, my 05 Quattro does all i want it to, cost me £4800 a year ago.

Reactions: THQuattro
Nice 3.0 litre A4 B6 cab my one is red but always wanted one in dolphin grey 132mph with the roof down coming out of Birmingham on the M40 and let my partner drive my car on the M5 south west 141mph with the roof up at 2am in the morning Tracie said there was still a bit more pedal to go and the engine if looked after is near bulletproof

and yes its not the fastest out there in first gear but when your cruising on the motorway and some young kid tries to flash in the fast lane at around 120 you just engage warp drive and leave him for dust and if your single there is nothing that beats a cabriolet as a bird puller

Ive seen a few low mileage V8 S4 saloons over the last few onths so.. exactly that :)

I'd steel myself to hold onto the £10,000 a while until the price of a second hand Jaguar XF-R came into range.

Reactions: Lavis89
Audi A8 4.2 TDI would be right up there.... with a little change for a good remap.

Would also consider an S4 or an S6 from around 2005/06 and with money left over get a good quality LPG conversion done.
Performance + economy :kissmyrings:

X5 4.8iS - not necessarily a good car, but they're cool. I've always wanted one, but never needed a 4x4's size and even thought they're the 'sporty' end of the SUV scale, they're still on the SUV scale.

Something big, fast and luxurious! Maybe a BMW 535d. Why? Because they're lovely... if that's a good enough reason?

Probably an 8p S3/RS3 replica that's been looked after well.

Or wait a couple of years and get a 2012 facelift A4 when its depreciated to around that.