If the new A3 gets the Q3 interior

@musicegbdf - no-one is having a pop at you. Three people who have it working have said the same thing in the other thread (where this discussion should be), that you don’t need Connect/PIN to see your service record, and how to get it set up. Dealers tend to focus on what’s current and quickly forget about previous incarnations; for example I have spoken to 2 dealers recently who both referred to eCall/SOS as Connect, not the Infotainment which used to be called Connect, and technically still is.

Reactions: Ormesome
Off at a tangent, you mention registering on myaudi. Are you one of the lucky few who seems to have access. I contacted Audi to see if this facility worked or even existed. I've just received a phone call apologising that this is down at present. The technical team are aware and working on it. I replied this situation has not changed since Oct 2018 when I ordered my car.

Colin

Ok misunderstanding . Sorry if I was a bit touchy . I have been messed around by Audi . I have had My Audi for four years and they changed it . I can still get in , but no service record . Went and saw a Indy today and they gave full explanation of what is going on . Going to them from now on after a good discussion as the guys you see are all certified or master techs ..

Reactions: cuke2u and Ormesome
Thank you ormesome and apologies to everyone else or hijacking the thread a bit . Was just very frustrated at Audi . Have given up on them now and will keep the paper service records and invoices .
Was very impressed with the Indy . Have booked our little VW in to them and booking the s3 in in October .

Reactions: Adam14 and Ormesome
Was very impressed with the Indy
I think many including myself find a good Indy is 10 times more knowledgeable and experienced than these "master" techs at Audi. My S5 will be going no where near a stealer when service time rolls around.

Reactions: KenL
Sorry to hijack again will be last time promise .
It has just appeared on my Audi again!!!
So all the stuff they did actually worked just took a few days to kick in and so much for the three staff and the Master Tech telling me it can’t work without connecting to the car .
I give up !!! Lesson learned , trust forumites rather than the so called experts. Thank you all for your patience .

Reactions: JohnM100, Adam14, NevMan and 1 other person
So all the stuff they did actually worked just took a few days to kick in and so much for the three staff and the Master Tech telling me it can’t work without connecting to the car .
I give up !!! Lesson learned , trust forumites rather than the so called experts. Thank you all for your patience .

Glad its working again :icon thumright: Its a rubbish sytem to be fair. its a simple piece of tech but Audi seem to mess it up very easilly. I guess we are in a little bit of a transition stage regarding car design & tech implementation. Tech seems to be at around the same stage as when the cloud was available on our laptops or GoogleDrive 1st started. Around 5/6yrs ago Nothing syncd and you had to rely on locally saved files. Move on a few years and its all fine in the cloud and we trust it. Hopefully this transitional faze in our cars will pass by quickly and things will just work without hiccups.

Reactions: NevMan and musicegbdf
I have learned it can take some time to appear, mine was more or less within hours but with others it has been days and this is possibly dependent upon Audi's servers.
Happy to hear you've got it working...

Glad its working again :icon thumright: Its a rubbish sytem to be fair. its a simple piece of tech but Audi seem to mess it up very easilly. I guess we are in a little bit of a transition stage regarding car design & tech implementation. Tech seems to be at around the same stage as when the cloud was available on our laptops or GoogleDrive 1st started. Around 5/6yrs ago Nothing syncd and you had to rely on locally saved files. Move on a few years and its all fine in the cloud and we trust it. Hopefully this transitional faze in our cars will pass by quickly and things will just work without hiccups.
Hopefully with the newer mmi systems audi are introducing things might improve. But don't hold your breath when humans are involved ;-)

Reactions: Ormesome
Back on topic, I do wonder about the longevity of LCD/tablet screens exposed to heat & sunlight, even through glass windows. Moreso for countries hotter then UK.

At least VC / pop up MMI screens have shades or are retracted when not in use.