If Santa gave you a cheque for £1100.

i would spend it all on lottery tickets lol well most of it and win millions and buy audi rs6 for everyday and R8 for weekend

how many lottery tickets i got 1100 whats chance of winning on that many lucky dips lol

Do you know..... that sounds like a brilliant plan, but.... the chances of winning is the chances of Santa squeezing his **** down your chimney and giving you a £1100 cheque personally....Lol !!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!

I would put it in the bank to replace funds just used for a new tv and a new watch..

Or blow it on a clothes shopping spree

Me & missus have S3 and TTs so I'd probably use £1100 towards revo remap for both our cars. However, convincing her that we need it is another issue.
She wants us to save for a deposit towards a house so there's no chance for me spending any of the £1100 xmas money:shrug: especially since I promised her that we'll save for a house. We purchased both vehicles outright, so we both got our 'toys' and its time to make a sensible purchase in 2009

Call buying a house sensible in this climate, good luck, I'd wait bit longer into 09 mate as they're dropping even more so you'll get a nice deal I reckon.

Call buying a house sensible in this climate, good luck, I'd wait bit longer into 09 mate as they're dropping even more so you'll get a nice deal I reckon.

It'll have to be after May 2009 cos we agreed that we'd give ourselves 12months saving from the purchase of my car (approx 8months saving from the purchase of her car)

Anyway, as 1st time buyers we're struggling to get a mortgage right this minute. We only have enough for 50k deposit against 250k house. To get the 'best rate' for our circumstances we would need at least 65k deposit. And we should hopefully manage that by May 2009.

£250,000 as first time buyers, ouch....are you looking to buy in London ???

£250,000 as first time buyers, ouch....are you looking to buy in London ???

Nah, we're looking at regular 4 bed detached house in Greater Manchester surburbs. Nothing fancy, just the usual driveway, garden, ensuite etc etc...I know its pretty steep for 1st time buyer and I know a 3 bed semi or detached would have been sufficient for us but we can afford to go 1 better - so why not! Call us extravagant...unwise...foolish...spoilt.

A few of my mates have moved into newbuilds - 3 bed 'townhouses' and 2 bed 'mews' circa 140-150k but I didnt fancy them.

Back on topic though, £1100 should handsomely pay for remaps to both our cars AND I wouldnt have to use any funds saved for deposit or furniture!! HAHA

If people take the doom and gloom of the recession away, they'll see that a house purchase has always been a sensible buy, as long as you take the long view.

The days of £100k profit in 12 months are over...but even in these times, houses bought 3-5 years ago are showing extremely healthy profits...

I never buy a house to make money...it's my home and what it's worth is irrelevant when I enjoy living in it and don't want to move. But: the sensible side is pleased to see my wages going into my house as a appreciating asset...rather than blow it on sportscars which only ever fall in value.

2009 may well prove to be a baragin hunting year for buying houses...whether they drop or not it's not clear, but in 5 years time people will wonder what the fuss was all about as their house has just gained £100k in value.

And if Santa is listening:
My £1100 would now go on a new PC.
I'll even accept vouchers! :icon_thumright:

I am with Tel ARB lockers !!! For my Discovery! <--- also off road Junky!

If people take the doom and gloom of the recession away, they'll see that a house purchase has always been a sensible buy, as long as you take the long view.

The days of £100k profit in 12 months are over...but even in these times, houses bought 3-5 years ago are showing extremely healthy profits...

I never buy a house to make money...it's my home and what it's worth is irrelevant when I enjoy living in it and don't want to move. But: the sensible side is pleased to see my wages going into my house as a appreciating asset...rather than blow it on sportscars which only ever fall in value.

2009 may well prove to be a baragin hunting year for buying houses...whether they drop or not it's not clear, but in 5 years time people will wonder what the fuss was all about as their house has just gained £100k in value.

Couldn't agree more........:o.k: