If only I didn't have to have a hatchback....

N8KOW said:
agree. corsa vxr is cracking car. round the ring quicker than a e46 m3, id have one. remap and 222bhp, great fun!

But there is no hiding the fact it has a face only its mother could love. Certainly not up there with an Alfa in looks or style.

I used to be a Vauxhall man for 6 years up until October this year so its not like I'm being biased against them either. But the VXR range is the sort of thing you find down your local Mcdonalds car park on a Saturday night.

I love alfa's too. Sadly, the depreciation has put me off buying one every single time.

Matt said:
But there is no hiding the fact it has a face only its mother could love. Certainly not up there with an Alfa in looks or style.

I used to be a Vauxhall man for 6 years up until October this year so its not like I'm being biased against them either. But the VXR range is the sort of thing you find down your local Mcdonalds car park on a Saturday night.

I agree. Vauxhalls are *****, vxrs are chavvy young boy racer cars but I like the corsa vxr and with a 1.6 turbo its got a lot of potential!! Point being I would rather have a VXR over any alfa. I don't like alfas in any department.

Nathan.

My main man Bowf. You will never know how close I got to that D3 touring in Leicester. If it was not due to the ineptitude of the sales guy, I think I would be signing the register!!

As for the other comments, c'mon, grow the f**k up. (Not you Bowf, the other dude.....)

Splathead said:
I will have had my Alfa for 3 years in April - a 147GTA. I was not silly enough to buy it new or pay what the dealer wanted for it as an ex-demo.

I would agree, I would be more inclined to buy an Alfa 2nd hand, let someone else take the initial depreciation hit.

N8KOW said:
You didn't tell me age bowfer, but I should imagine, your old enough to know better!

Do you know, I have no idea...
Never mind, I'm guessing by the state of your existing car, and the fact you like VXR's, you're considerably younger.
Note the "you're", not "your".
I'll give you that for free.

I like the new Corsa VXR. They've put it through numerous tests tweaking it and perfecting the car as much as they can. That deserves credit in my eyes.

It's not something they've put through a straight line or go in & out through cones, it's been tested on the Ring so it's had special treatement. I wouldn't mind driving in it at all knowing that I can finally wipe the smile off the CooperS drivers faces =D

I hadn't heard that the Corsa vxr had been tested at the 'ring. Though I'm not sure how i'd compare it to the 159 though, wouldn't have been an initial comparison I'd have come up with.

Not bringing down Alfas but, why do the exhausts shake around constantly when driven? And why do the 147's have this huge visible box just behind the pipe exits?

It's something that i've always been curious about

Corsa VXR...good grief...
I'd have to wear a disguise to drive an abhorrence like that!
I'm thinking a Vicky Pollard one?

N8KOW said:
I'd going in2 hiding like osama if I owned an alfa

Again, looking at your current car and going by the fact you like Corsa VXR's, I'm thinking you're not very shy...

No question that the VXR has a market but I just don't think it's the same market that would consider buying an Alfa.

Vauxhall seem to have played up to the fact that Corsas are currently the staple diet for, as Bowfer suggests, Vicky Pollard wannabes and their 'gold' encrusted boyfriends. And that will inevitably put some people off - no matter how good the vehicle's performance is.

I like a wide variety of cars bowfer. Corsa VXR, A3, M3/M5/RS4/F430/Gallardo Spyder, but I don't like alfa romeos because in my opinion they are ugly!

Just look inside one, alfa interiors are simply beautiful, especially when kitted out with leather etc

rodenal said:
Just look inside one, alfa interiors are simply beautiful, especially when kitted out with leather etc

The 159Ti has black leather with red stitching/detailing.
Mind you, if there's one thing the Italians do well, it's leather.

Beauty is something that is personal. Jade Goody is not, in my opinion beautiful, but she had boyfriends.

Stupid ones admittedly, but she has still had them.

You can't convince someone that something is beautiful, but I must say that making a sweeping generalisation that All Alfas are ugly is a bit like saying all Americans are idiots.

Ok - cheap shot and a bad example.

N8KOW said:
You didn't tell me age bowfer, but I should imagine, your old enough to know better!

Let's just say, he's old enough to be able to spell and punctuate properly.

H1_8ENF said:
Beauty is something that is personal. Jade Goody is not, in my opinion beautiful, but she had boyfriends.

Stupid ones admittedly, but she has still had them.

You can't convince someone that something is beautiful, but I must say that making a sweeping generalisation that All Alfas are ugly is a bit like saying all Americans are idiots.

Ok - cheap shot and a bad example.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Indeed. Well said. I don't think alfa romeos are beautiful I think they're ugly. Ferraris and Lamborghini are beautiful imo. Lets all agree to disagree!

It's just that you have what i'd consider to be odd taste -

Ferrari's and lambo's have interiors that are not a million miles away from the kind of styling you would see inside an alfa, although obviously made from superior materials.

Just seems like a bit of badge snobbery, alfa's are good cars these days if you dont like the look of them then fine. I find it hard to believe that you think they're all ugly, especially when comparing them to cars of a similar price.

bowfer said:
Again, looking at your current car and ...

What is your current car N8KOW?

I think the Alfa is stunning, a gorgeous looking car.

Savage said:
What is your current car N8KOW?

Do you not see the avatar beside his user name?
Maybe you have that option switched off?

I take it that's an A3 sportback - my eyes aren't that good at their only purpose, plus my brain isn't that good at feature recognition either.

I was aware he had one on order but didn't realise he also currently owned an A3. Thanks for clearing that up.

Savage said:
I take it that's an A3 sportback

Not just an A3 sportback.
It's been slammed, boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Word.

(christ, I've got a nosebleed)

lol there's nothing wrong with his car, i dont like the wheels but the rest seems fine to me.

bowfer said:
Not just an A3 sportback.
It's been slammed, boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Word.

(christ, I've got a nosebleed)

lol

Anywho, the Alfa looks nice although I would argue it's a little underpowered.

As I have said on previous threads not many folk will moan about Alfa styling. Isn't it great their designer has now moved to Audi. Shame BMs lost it in 2005.

Savage said:
lol

Anywho, the Alfa looks nice although I would argue it's a little underpowered.

I was going to go for the 2.2 diesel, which is around 185bhp.
More than enough for me.
I don't like slow cars, but I'm not after S3 levels of performance either.

Rick Glover said:
As I have said on previous threads not many folk will moan about Alfa styling. Isn't it great their designer has now moved to Audi. Shame BMs lost it in 2005.

AFAIK, it wasn't BMW's stylist that moved to Alfa.
It was their marketing man, Bruno someone (edit, Karl someone)
Specifically to try and get Alfa a bigger share of US market.
I know I'm right about that, but it's possible a designer defected at the same time.
Never heard mention of it though.

I don't currently have an A3, I will do. Why is bowfer talking like such an ***? I don't understand why grown men can't take the fact that I don't think alfa romeo's are good looking cars. You all need to grow up. My avatar is a photoshop.