1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Saloon IE Exhaust

Dodgygtr Apr 10, 2020

1. Dodgygtr

Dodgygtr Registered User

Can’t wait to hear this exhaust as it could be on my list as soon as it’s out.
    Plus they use there own exhaust valves so hopefully no rattle, only issue is silver tips but I’m sure they can be painted or find someone to make titanium tips.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. TRANC3

TRANC3 Registered User

Hmmm curious as to the sound as well, but those tips....:blink:....I dunno, the shape is all whacky. Hope they have some descent tips options when released.

4. Aoon_M

Aoon_M Registered User

The tips :neutral:

5. FBF01

FBF01 Registered User

Don’t like the sound of it at all, genuinely prefer the noise Audi’s sport exhaust.

6. D0C

D0C Registered User

That’s terrible. They’ve managed to make it sound like the M3/4 with that hollow, tinny sound!

Don’t know why people even bother wasting money changing the exhaust on these cars. Already sounds incredible.

DW81, Slowracer and Luiggi like this.
  7. Slowracer

Slowracer Registered User

He had a specific need for a high flowing exhaust to support the high power of the car, so the priority was on performance.

I've yet to hear an aftermarket exhaust that sounds better than than the rs3 performance exhaust. For some people just being loud is better.

Ross_T_Boss and D0C like this.
  8. Ross_T_Boss

Ross_T_Boss Registered User

I suspect (hope) it sounds better at full chat around 7000rpm. It does have a bit of an exotic tone in there at certain points, but drowned out by the excessively loud trombone they seem to have fitted somewhere in it. For alot of that it could have been any 4-pot motor. Given how good my IE downpipe sounds, I am really surprised.

9. Slowracer

Slowracer Registered User

The tone of the exhaust would be affected by the turbo and manifold set up they are using.

10. Banjo1990

Banjo1990 Registered User

That has got to be the best and meanest sounding RS3 I’ve ever heard. That set up is the stuff of dreams.

11. Dodgygtr

Dodgygtr Registered User

It’s definitely got a rasp too it and I’m not keen on that but I’m hopefully it sounds better over time but if not I doubt I’ll be getting one.