1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idle revs high

Daniel-be Oct 13, 2018

1. Daniel-be

Daniel-be New Member

I have noticed strange thing in my 2013 2.0 tdi 177 multitronic : from time to time when I stop on a traffic lights the idle revs are holding on about 1000 rpm, instead of 800 rpm. It is not a symptom of a dpf regeneration, after 5 to 10 sec revs are dropping down to a usual value. While this high idle ( with a foot on a brake and D on a gear selector) car wants to 'pull' like it was still creeping mode. After 5-10 sec revs are dropping and everything is back to normal - no pulling/creeping force while holding brake. What I also noticed is that while this happens - if you put gear selector from D to N it immediately goes back to usual revs and the creeping force is gone.

Recently a new gearbox controller has been installed, could that be a reason, or I should search somewhere else? I was thinking about coolant temp sensor, I know that It could also give some strange idle revs.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Stokka

Stokka Active Member

one little thing to try Dan, when you do come to a complete stop, press the brake pedal a bit more into the floor. i've noticed i can enable the stop/start by doing this exact method, could be the same for your car