Idle hunting after DV

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Well I finally worked out how to fit my DV after I realised I was taking the wrong thing off

(Great write-up here DV Instal)

Anyway its on but I now have idle hunting and stalling I can only think the spring is not strong enough.

So what I need to know is can I swap the spring out of the Bailey DV with a stronger one or do I need to get a new DV.

Don't ask me what model it is, as I don't know it was an ebay buy, and yes the car is chipped.

Don't think the spring would make a difference at Idle as there is no boost.
Is it when you come of the power?

Well I was watching the DV and could see at idle that the DV vale was moving up and down so I stuck my screwdriver in there to hold the vale closed and the idle went back to normal, take it away and it begins to hunt again to the same pattern of the DV moving up and down so making me think that the spring is unable to hold the vale closed.

I would have thought so pressure would remain in the system even at idle.

No, its mounted between the IC and throttle body with the old pipes blanked off.

I understand some people run both OEM and another DV; do you think I should run both?

Personally, i'd say run the DV only... But if you really want to use an atmospheric, could you not use a hybrid valve?

GFB Hybrid BOV springs to mind... Not sure who in the UK does them though

RIch

I dont run both. Just the one in the same position as yours. (Throttle - intercooler)

I have the GFB stealth valve, i think thats the name. It is adjustable. The spring can be adjusted as can how much goes out to the atmosphere and how much resurculates.

Here are some pics

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

I have since changed the setup a little.

I now have another hose running from the DV back to the stock place so i can return some air if i wish.

Oh yeah Impossible performance sell the valves.

Cheers

i have the dv 26 on my a3, it sounds like the spring pressure is not correct, leezace had this problem with his a4, call bailey they should replace it for you, sounds like it is faulty!!

mine does not have any huntiung problems, are you sure you have blocked all the pipes off correctly and fitted the dv correctly?

DV fitted ok its just that the valve will not remain shut at idle and stools if driving and coming of the boot. if I hold the vale shut the car settels to a normal idle.

I dont think Bailey will help me out as the DV was seconhand so no joy there.

Found out what my problem was and that was I have the wrong DV.

I have the single piston instead of the double piston.

Oh well.