Idea's on wheels please - max £700

Reaction score
Alright I have an absoltue max of £700 to spend on 18" wheels and tyres. wondering what all you folk would recommend ?

If there are any nice pictures of proper cars with them fitted, please let me know and feel free to post. Also, If anyone is selling a nice set or knows of a nice set being sold, then please let me know.

this is what there going on:

Audi5.jpg

cheers :thumbsup:

Maby you could wait a bit and see if any BBS CH/RX turn up on ebay for that price? I think there the style that suite the S3 best!

Dont skimp on the tyres, better to go 2nd hand good quality both than cheap both, particulary tyres! Cars drives bad and you are stuck with them for 10-20k miles....!
2nd had original wheels or BBS is what I'd suggest, then some new quality tyres, or v good partworns..?

On black S3's mate ive seen lots with black alloys with the chrome lip looks great i think, Fuel,kahn,Asa loads of people do that style maybe have a look at those?

maybe im biased though i have a simlar set on my Silver A3 :yes:

Jason

Booth_S3 said:
RS'6, you can have mine if you want!? ;)

Sorry to hijack, but if you're interested in selling then let me know their condition, tread depth and how much you want for them. I might be interested!

Jason_letts said:
On black S3's mate ive seen lots with black alloys with the chrome lip looks great i think

no offence to anyone but I think that look is a bit played out now

am liking the look of those TT V6 wheels :D

What do you think of these wheels with Audi centre caps in 18, lowered an inch ?

wheels.jpg

fitted with goodyear F1's ?

dont like em mate, but each to their own!

thats cool Herby. if folk don't like them, let me know. there the ones off the audi concept.

here's a picture with an s3 and those wheels:

nuv.jpg

good or bad, leave me your feedback. also anyone seen these wheels on an s3 ?

G.

they look similar to the RSTT wheels......but i personally think there are better suited wheels for the S3!

So your budget is 700 right, I'm sure you can get 200-250 for the 17" avus wheels you have on your car atm, maybe put your car on bricks for a few days, and you have a 900 quid budget! :)

Unfortunately not ! that includes selling the wheels for that money !

I know I can get a good set of RS4 replica's for that money but they are quite common now and I would like something a bit different.

all help welcome :unsure:

Jasdent said:
What do you think of these wheels with Audi centre caps in 18, lowered an inch ?

I hate these with a pass ion seriously ugly wheels:puke2:

Theyre even uglier when you see them in the flesh or should I say metal.

Jasdent said:

Fugly! IMO. There's an S3 running about up here in aberdeen with those on. Looks rank to behonest.

I'd go for a set of RSTT reps in hypersilver from the TT shop if you wanted to spend that sort of money.

Jasdent said:
thats cool Herby. if folk don't like them, let me know. there the ones off the audi concept.

here's a picture with an s3 and those wheels:

nuv.jpg

good or bad, leave me your feedback. also anyone seen these wheels on an s3 ?

G.

The car in the picture isnt fitted with those wheels mate, they are MTM Bimoto wheels.

I dont like the first wheels but the mtm wheels are cool, and you can get replicas for around the £700 mark

I've just bought some genuine RS4 TT alloys from ebay, freshly re-furbed. £500 delivered, no tyres.

those MTM's look amazing, i'd be hard pushed to choose between them an BBS CH's!

Not the nuvolari wheels then ! but those bimoto wheels are crackin, maybe looking at them now I think :)