ideas on a name for a new puppy?

pic of said puppy ?

we dont have him yet jay!
we should have him in aprox 4 weeks, need to visit a couple of litters advertised and choose a puppy and leave a deposit so ready to collect when he is ready to leave his mother at around that time!
as soon as we get him i will get the pics up i promise!
i am just doing a bit of forward planning first!
i would go out today and get one, but sadly it is not as straight forward as that when picking a brand new puppy!

p.s. there has been some cracking suggestions made! thanks a lot for contributing and feel free to add more!
i think its a case of what name out of these fits his face now! :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
What about a rescue?

we did think of this scott, but, as we have a 2 year old that ultimately will be her dog and generally get pulled, poked and prodded by her we decided to opt for a brand new one mate so they can grow up together from scratch.
giving a rescue dog a second chance is a great idea but in our case is too risky!
you dont know the dogs history and what there like with kids, how they have been treated or how mad they are!
if that makes sense!

we did think of this scott, but, as we have a 2 year old that ultimately will be her dog and generally get pulled, poked and prodded by her we decided to opt for a brand new one mate so they can grow up together from scratch.
giving a rescue dog a second chance is a great idea but in our case is too risky!
you dont know the dogs history and what there like with kids, how they have been treated or how mad they are!
if that makes sense!

Get a young one or youngish.

I'm all for rescues over breeders.

Get a young one or youngish.

I'm all for rescues over breeders.

i know what your saying mate and your probably correct to a point!
our last springer was rehomed by us as the previous owners decided that going caravaning was more important to them! and most campsites did not allow dogs!
it was a case of we have him or he was going to a shelter!
we chose him and what a great dog he was! he was only 6months old when we got him and all house trained!
i have seen the programs on tv about dodgey dog breeders mate, and trust me i will not be doing business with anything like that!
i will need to see the litter all together with there mum, in a house surrounded by friendly people and will be expected to be grilled and interviewed by the owners as to what i am after!
a good breeder will always want the best for there pups and not let them be put anyhwere that is not right for the puppy, and are purely not just out to make cash!

Shadow

That'll just make me think of the OTTO Cycle lol

sebastian - seb for short....

or kimi...

noticing a trend? .... im definately going to name my next dog after an f1 driver :racer:

Not Alonso? Lol

My cousin just had a baby boy and if it wasn't for his wife putting a stop to it, he would have called his son Enzo. He had his heart set on it!

I agree with Quattro, because dogs have four leg drive. Torsen over Haldex, because dogs have analogue components.

-ilan

I'd say:

Boner

('cos he likes bones, what else?)

And make it so that your wife gives goes out and gets you the dog. Wouldn't it be nice to see those parent's / teacher's faces when you hear you kids in school say: My mum gave my dad a nice Boner...

Or a slightly different name: Homer. Doooooooh!

Here you go Chez mate, everything you need:

Sandy. Yep, I know you like it. :yes:

Please don't encourage people to name their dog Sandy, I get enough sh*t about having a crap name as it is!

PS I'm already signed up for a Beagle called Quattro :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We have now had 3 male Springers, and have used the same name for them all. We found that it helps us to get over the loss of the previous dog aswell as giving us something to hang on to the fond memories with. I hope that makes sense.

We have now had 3 male Springers, and have used the same name for them all. We found that it helps us to get over the loss of the previous dog aswell as giving us something to hang on to the fond memories with. I hope that makes sense.

in a way i kind of like that! its sort of a novelty but familiar all at the same time! lol

Minstrel, Patch, Jack (black), Newkie (Newcastle Utd).

We got both our Springers from Rescue centres, and we had our eldest one PTS just over 2 years ago due to health issues, so know exactly how you feel. Good luck with the little un.

quick update,
a mate who i work with has a mate, (i know a lot of mates mates lol), who, as it happens has a black and white springer ***** that is pregnant at the minute!
so fingers crossed i will be getting my brand new puppy early june when he is ready!
can"t wait, i will be visiting said dog next week to check her out!

*edit* sometimes the swear filter should allow the female dog word lol!
it allows the pregnant fish word! :undwech:

AT LAST......................
i finally have my new springer pup!
thanks for all the input lads but as always the end result was down to the mrs! :sob:
i travelled 180 miles for this little fella, and his name changed 3 times on the way home! lol
here he is...........

cute or what?
he went from RINGO to JERRY and finally JASPER!

i think he suits jasper quite well :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
​Chez, he is a right wee cracker. Jasper is a good name. :) x

Puppy's are cool! mines got a little bigger now at four months but never realized how much you can love a dog as this is my first!
Jasper's a good name and he looks awesome ! congrats !

OMG!!! he is the absolute spit of a dog i had when i was younger, sadly he got out one day and ended up on a main road, think we all know the result of that :-(

we named him benson, had loads of names floating around and we saw a fag packet outside where we got him from that was a benson and hedges box

fond memories can be had from pets :)

Nice one Mr Hawks.
The wife asked when for an invite to and I quote "Squeeze his cute little head awwwwwwwwwwwwww" or something with funny noises and words. lol

pic of said puppy ?

well he is nearly 5 months now and jasper is quite some boy! as you will agree he is a ***** magnet!

hot011.jpg

hot004.jpg