Ibis White S5 Sportback ordered.

chanlon1

Reaction score
Website
www.babybmw.net
Currently have an 8V S3 sportback. Had from new and it's just at 3yrs now.

Placed an order for originally an S5 coupe, but then changed to sportback.
I decided that the 5 door was a nicer looking shape.

Decided on:
Ibis White
Extended LED
Virtual Cockpit
Privacy Glass
Electric Folding Mirrors
Flat bottomed wheel

Delivery has been pushed out till October...it's going to be long summer.........

Reactions: THQuattro and Joetidman
A nice spec and the Sportback does look nice - especially with the privacy glass.

Good work! Sounds like you've gone on a similar path to me, it will be a cracking car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
There was just something about the coupe that I felt wasn't right. I reckon it needed the rear doors to break up the big expanse of metal at the back.....however I am a sucker for the A7 shape, so it's possible I just see the sportback as mini A7?

Yeah, a lot of the American car sites have made the same conclusion (as they are not used to the the A5 Sportback over there) so clearly genetics are showing. I think the rear end is more sorted than the A7 imo though

The tracker says build will begin on 19th June.
Does that mean it will be a MY18 model?

Dealer tells me that the A5/S5 will be £675 up in price and include Audi Beam as standard.

The tracker says build will begin on 19th June.
Does that mean it will be a MY18 model?

Dealer tells me that the A5/S5 will be £675 up in price and include Audi Beam as standard.

I too have ordered recently and have been given BW 27, see separate thread. Apparently Audi are changing over planning for June to new MY dates this weekend and revised Build Weeks will be issued during next week.
I was told there are no changes to S5 spec. for MY 18. That's a big increase for adding a few LEDs in the doors, must be something else? I see the base price went up 200 to 47,200 since the end of March.

I think the base price rise was due to the tax change in April to cover the increase in the first year rate.

Same difference isn't it? The full OTR price advertised is £47200 which has increased from £47000 because of the increase in first year tax. When I ordered mine in January the dealer added the extra £200 as he knew the car would not arrive until after April.

Same difference isn't it? The full OTR price advertised is £47200 which has increased from £47000 because of the increase in first year tax. When I ordered mine in January the dealer added the extra £200 as he knew the car would not arrive until after April.

Yes, you're right. The MY18 increase of 645 is news to me, could be metallic paint is now standard, who knows.

Ah! I see from the A4 forum £645 increase! Perhaps FX rate kicking in?

Don't quote me on the large increase, but the dealer definitely mentioned it in an email.
I find it hard to believe myself.....will just have to wait and see.

I was told as it's a new model there was no change in spec. at MY change so assumed nothing on price. I guess they are able to pass on on any price increase without question.

the below was taken from the MY18 thread on the A4/S4 section......see bottom for A5/S5 increase.......

Thanks, that's clear enough.
Has your dealer informed you that this increase applies to cars built after the MY cut off date in June?

TBH...he didn't say.
However, we agreed on a price of the car with the specific options.
Should Audi decide to build my car with options I deem unnecessary and ask me for more money, I would like to think that that is unreasonable.
I would like to assume that the dealer would inform me that I am going to have to pay an extra £675 for Audi Beam (which was appearing in the accessories section as a £92 extra)

Given Audi Beam consists of either the Audi 4 rings, or the Quattro, I would like to assume that the dealer asks you which you would prefer, if its going to be an option on the car???

996742933cb1497d16baabe442cd82ce_L.jpg
b6e51ec787f5af9c23b49ded18e9f8f2_L.jpg

Let me know how it pans out with your dealer. I'm sure Audi's Ts and C's cover price increases and you and I will obliged to pay it.

Given Audi Beam consists of either the Audi 4 rings, or the Quattro, I would like to assume that the dealer asks you which you would prefer, if its going to be an option on the car???

996742933cb1497d16baabe442cd82ce_L.jpg
b6e51ec787f5af9c23b49ded18e9f8f2_L.jpg

Wow never seen that before anywhere. I'd say the Audi rings personally, the Quattro is harder to pick out and the rings look a bit more classy. Personal view of course lol

Wow never seen that before anywhere. I'd say the Audi rings personally, the Quattro is harder to pick out and the rings look a bit more classy. Personal view of course lol

Can't find the topic but a dealer is selling these for £90 for the b9 a5 platform and offer the audisport ones too

The yourAudi page now informs me that my S5 has changed to an A5!!
Also, using the link above, it is now appearing as a MY18.

Mine's now showing as an A5 too but the build week has come forward to 29th May. Has yours changed?

My dealer has confirmed the new build week after the weekend's MY production changes.
Which week is the first for MY18?

Who told you that? If so we'll both be paying the extra £675 for MY18.

Those dates came off the MY18 thread that is in the A4/S4 section.
I cant see how the dealer will be able to charge you the extra £675.

Not sure about your setup, but my dealer gave me all the print outs of the cost of the vehicle, all the extra options and costs.
He listed my deposit etc and GFV's and what the monthly payments.
Therefore I entered into this deal ont he basis that that is what the car will cost me.

Now if the dealer decides to introduce additional cost and not make me aware of it, then I will refuse to pay.

Imagine buying a house and agreeing with the estate agent a price.
You get your mortgage sorted all out.
12 weeks later when you come to move, the previous owners say "we want an additional £675 because our house has now increased in price".....don't think so......

Audi's standard T's and C's attached to your order form clause 4. c (i) states that purchaser is liable to pay any increase in manufacturer's price unless you cancel within 7 days of being notified in writing.

I am sure we will be charged the extra, let me know how it goes.

Dammit...failure to read the small print again.........
Mind you, I've bought enough cars from my dealer over the years that I would like to think he'd uphold the "gentleman's" agreement we made when it was ordered...I guess time will tell.

However, your quote would imply that if we are getting MY18's, then they need to inform us of the increase, to allow us the 7 days cancellation?

Ive checked and you should be fine as your order was inputted on the system before 1st May, the date of the MY price increase.

I see the Audi configurator now shows the increased OTR price 47,875, thats 675 up for MY18 as from 1st May and 200 for the new car tax since 1st April .