Ibis White S3 Owner

:tearsofjoy: where did you order yours from? Ebay seem to have taken over the internet with stuff like this or did you just go with a fake one?

Can’t attach a link but I got one off eBay, was £10/£15 so defo fake but I’ve got a honeycomb grille so seemed like fake was the only option, looks good even after a year, will be replaced when I give the front end a freshen up
3f497d6f9ac87e2bebc29297a0374ba2.jpg

Can’t attach a link but I got one off eBay, was £10/£15 so defo fake but I’ve got a honeycomb grille so seemed like fake was the only option, looks good even after a year, will be replaced when I give the front end a freshen up

Ah nice, that looks absolutely fine. Screw it I'm going with a fleabay one :sweatsmile:

Did you have to take the grill out or bumper off to fit it or was it just a clip on one?

Ah nice, that looks absolutely fine. Screw it I'm going with a fleabay one :sweatsmile:

Did you have to take the grill out or bumper off to fit it or was it just a clip on one?

Took the red bits off the lights now lol

It was essentially a badge with two tapered sticks out the back of it a blank plate slides on from the back and then some little bits that slide over the sticks and compress it in (I added some zip ties as I wasn’t convinced on the strength of that but it’s been fine.

Is yours honeycomb grille or stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998
Ordered it....I'm sure I'll get it to work. Will update with pictures as soon as it arrives, it'll either be on the car or in the bin:grimacing:

It could work, but I don’t think you’ll get it to sit flat, my ocd wouldn’t allow that

It could work, but I don’t think you’ll get it to sit flat, my ocd wouldn’t allow that

Don't say that, I've got terrible OCD :sweatsmile:

I'll get it to work mate.....it has to lol

Was you at AITP?

Swear I have seen the car before, remember it because it nearly exactly the same as mine, white, sportback etc but mines a boring diesel. It'll be no where near as fun as the S3 but need a diesel due to 60 miles round trip to work everyday

Was you at AITP?

Swear I have seen the car before, remember it because it nearly exactly the same as mine, white, sportback etc but mines a boring diesel. It'll be no where near as fun as the S3 but need a diesel due to 60 miles round trip to work everyday

I assume that's a car show or something? I haven't been to any yet as I only got the car last Monday.

****** love the sports back in Ibis white, quite like some of the blue ones as well. Have you got a load of pics of yours and spec?

I assume that's a car show or something? I haven't been to any yet as I only got the car last Monday.

****** love the sports back in Ibis white, quite like some of the blue ones as well. Have you got a load of pics of yours and spec?

Yeah it’s Audi’s In The Park, last month.

Just an S-Line Black Edition, usual stuff flat bottom steering wheel, leather seats, Bose and pano roof.

Yeah it’s Audi’s In The Park, last month.

Just an S-Line Black Edition, usual stuff flat bottom steering wheel, leather seats, Bose and pano roof.

Is it just standard performance wise? What BHP, torque is it running etc?

Is it just standard performance wise? What BHP, torque is it running etc?

It’s been remapped, changed the air filter and different exhaust system, DPF back.

Got the performance map put on it and still get over 60 mpg over 30 miles to work. Need to get it in a dyno but was told it would be around 200bhp and 425nm. Not bad for a little 2.0 TDi

Has it still got this grille
f37a818e4c8caac83d716037c2f663b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thats the picture that made me ask the question. Thats a std black edition grill.

I’ve just been looking at the pictures of the advert from when it was for sale on pistonheads. It looks like it has a honeycomb grill now without the S3 badge and the number plate looks to have been put back on a little higher up.

Well that would explain why the badge is missing.

It’s been remapped, changed the air filter and different exhaust system, DPF back.

Got the performance map put on it and still get over 60 mpg over 30 miles to work. Need to get it in a dyno but was told it would be around 200bhp and 425nm. Not bad for a little 2.0 TDi

Nice dude. Outrageous mpg. I can get mine to 30mpg if I'm careful on the motorways but otherwise I've had it down around 20mpg I think. Luckily my bosses house from where I pick up the work vehicle is only 10 minutes from mine and this week I've put the Audi on my parents driveway and ridden the motorbike into work to save fuel and the miles clocking up

Has it still got this grille

I’ve just been looking at the pictures of the advert from when it was for sale on pistonheads. It looks like it has a honeycomb grill now without the S3 badge and the number plate looks to have been put back on a little higher up.

Well that would explain why the badge is missing.

Ahhh I see. Shame he didn't replace it with one whilst having the grill off. I've ordered one anyway and hopefully I can get it to work. I'll update with some pictures, going to try and get the rust off the wheel hubs, clean the exhaust tips up as well so hopefully some good pictures for the weekend :icon thumright:

Like a kid in a candy store

Reactions: Will.T

Boom and she's done.....much better.

Going for a drive, she's probably quicker now....the badge must of added another 10BHP?

Behave..... At the very minimum 16bhp

S3 oh fast car

LOL. Did you feel the extra bhp??

S3 oh fast car

LOL. Did you feel the extra bhp??

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I come up up with S3 Outrageous Fu***ng Car but I think it is actually S3 Of course (as stated on it's Instagram account)

Mate honestly my neck nearly snapped, stickers outrageous. Definitely recommend it over a turbo upgrade or anything minor like that

I just polished my badge and got 5 bhp more :)
Looks much better Will :)

Reactions: Will.T
I just polished my badge and got 5 bhp more :)
Looks much better Will :)

:sweatsmile: Brilliant. Cheers mate, incredible how much difference just a small badge has made to the front end, definitely belongs there.

Managed to do without removing the grill, squeezed my fingers through the small holes in the grill and carefully twisted on the nuts then managed to get an 8mm spanner behind there and give it a little tightening. Was scary getting the nuts on the end the bolt though, so nearly dropped them.

Where there is a Will, there is always a way

Definitely should of got a black one though, ideally I'd like the front and rear S3 badges black along with both the front and rear Audi badges black.

Future plans below:

Front splitter - Black
Mirror casing Black or Hydrodipped Carbon Fibre<probably a bit much
Roof rails Hydrodipped Carbon Fibre<if I get around to retrofitting them
Gloss Black alloys - Team Dynamics Pro 1.2
Steering wheel re-trimmed in suede
Paddle extensions
Wind deflectors - Black
Hydrodipped Carbon fibre interior parts i.e gear surround, plastic part on door cards etc
TTS Engine cover
Coilovers
Anti Roll Bars
Pioneer Microphone for stereo

How much of that will get done I don't know or I may come up with some other ideas. There's a lot of Hydrodipping going on I know but there's no way I can afford or even see the point in spending all that money on real carbon fibre and a guy I know does a cracking job of it.

Where there is a Will, there is always a way

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: As if you just said that. I always bring that little phrase up, have been for years. Everytime I do my friends and family are like "here we go again"

Absolute classic.....love it :icon thumright:

Reactions: HOGG
Refurb the rotors black in the middle.

Would look on ibis!!

cfa09214c1825aa8a79acf8008ab20ca.jpg

Reactions: HOGG
Oh yeah

I'll lend YOU 4 axle stands

I'll lend YOU 4 axle stands

:sweatsmile: thanks but no thanks. Think I may just have to credit card it then pay the majority off with the £400....still not ideal. What would be perfect is if I could find a buyer, get the dynamics then shift the rotors straight away once swapped