1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Ibis white S3 essential extras...replacing Golf R

mojo555 Jun 20, 2016

1. mojo555

mojo555 Registered User

going to order a S3 in Ibis, sportback stronic, added rear parking sensors and hill hold, it's a lease car so don't want to spec too much, is there anything obvious (cheap) I'm missing?

Been a while since I've had an S3 so looking forward t it! I've been in a golf r for near,y 2 years and loved every minute of it!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. GSB

GSB Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

If it's a company lease car via your employer then stick with stock, it's got enough toys to satisfy. The new version has cruise, ***, ILP, LED's etc, so it's not exactly ill equipped.

4. mojo555

mojo555 Registered User

It's a Personal lease, but still like to keep things tight as it will never be mine! Don't want to pay full cost of options over two years. Can't believe rear sensors are £425! I know it's a good spec otherwise but still not quite as good as my current golf r...

5. GSB

GSB Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Essential;

Rear parking sensors.
    Metallic/pearl paint.
    Lumbar adjust.

I could happily live without anything else, the loan S3 I'm using now has a lot of toys, but only the ones above are strictly necessary. Naturally, I've ordered a car with tonnes more stuff, but I don't actually need any of it..

pburv and mojo555 like this.
  6. Scottyg

Scottyg Registered User

Ditch Hill Hold Assist. Pointless on a S-tronic car.

pburv, Rob2k68 and SRT like this.
  7. mojo555

mojo555 Registered User

I find hill hold quite useful in the golf. And for £75 neither here or there... Was I kng of floret silver myself but to keep cost down i think I will go ibis white, was one of my top choices anyway.

pburv likes this.