Ibis white lost in the snow ??

musicegbdf

Reaction score
Well my car was made on 11th November and left the factory in Belgium on 12th , no news.... so suspect it is either sitting in Germany awaiting a ferry or under several feet of snow in Sheerness :notme:.

The missus is not happy as I don't want her to drive our current (as it is being traded in) in the snow and ice just in case it gets crunched with hopefully (after the thaw) my delivery will be very soon !

Hope your car arrives soon, my Ibis White BE keeps getting lost on my drive under the snow! haha blends in too much - keep us updated on the progress

Wouldn't want take your new motor out in this weather thought would you?
I on the other hand can't resist some four-wheel drifting :)

dont worry - got mine two weeks ago, and it doesent vanish ind the snow - the mud, salt and **** from the roads makes it stand out very nice

Wouldn't want take your new motor out in this weather thought would you?
I on the other hand can't resist some four-wheel drifting :)

To be honest if it had arrived I would wait till next week when hopefully the weather was better , but would be nice to at least go and visit it ...

Shame as I have all of next week off on leave and was hoping to be playing with it... keeping my fingers crossed that it emerges from the mist next week .

An update , it arrived in the UK last friday. Dealer hopes it will arrive end of the week...
So left the factory in Belgium on the 12th Nov and I might get it by 11th Dec. I could have walked to Belgium in a month !!
I actually work in international logistics and if I was that slow the country would starve.. I work supplying all of the big supermarkets and they would kill me for such a slow transit time. They could not afford the lack of cashflow. Audi have spent a lot building the car and have waited a month to get paid by me...not good business. I would like to see their working capital account.
Have to say the dealer has not kept me informed , and I have had to keep chasing. I am just hoping wait is worth it, because the performance of Audi so far (this my first Audi) has not been too good.I took this week off work as I expected to be out playing in my new car.. Rant over

that is a bummer for you, but my car was built early week 43 (ingolstadt), and i got confirmed that it reached denmark early week 44. So a week in transit, which seems normal to me.

However, my dealer told med, that Audi really was pressed from nov-jan, due to a lot of companies swap cars in those months, due to get a full year write off those couple of monts, however that should not be the reason why our car was stuck in transit.

I have also heard of audi take some cars off the train after it have left the factory, to test them some more to make sure of the high standard etc.

I was told that my car was waiting to a put on a ship to come over last friday and the car was built week 47. I was hopeing it will arrive this week. Going give them till end of the week before I chase them up.

I was told that my car was waiting to a put on a ship to come over last friday and the car was built week 47. I was hoping it will arrive this week. Going give them till end of the week before I chase them up.

As mine left the factory on 12th Nov and arrived a couple of days later in Emden. It seems it sat there for several weeks getting frozen in Germany. I recall seeing someone on this forum having there's built the same week (45) and picked up their car on 29th Nov.