Ibis White & Black Wheels - Options n Opinions Please

Tips

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've got a new A6 Ibis White Black Edition 3.0ltr S-Tronic Quattro on order due October.

I'm after your collective opinions, advice and input in relation to wheels.

So the standard 20" titanium rims as standard are lovely as is but I'm toying with the idea of a black gloss set.

So here's my thinking / options:

1. Keep the standard ones
2. Get them dipped / powder coated gloss black
3. As 2 but satin or matte
4. As 2 or 3 with brushed / polished face
5. Flog them and buy a set of something completely different

Appreciate its all a matter of taste but I'm after some inspiration.
Also after advice:
- Is dipped / powder coated a good thing to do?
- Any issues of gloss vs matte vs satin?
- Audi dealer said they'd gloss my wheels for me @ £70 per wheel. That seems rather reasonable based on some initial searches I've done.

Anyway, loads of questions I know but you guys are the people I want to hear from.

Some pics of standard vs gloss to mull over ...first two std, second two gloss polished.

Thanks all

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,427
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 1,696
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 11,489
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 5,308
Personally I think they look better as they are, I don't like the look of black wheels.

But it's what ever you like, and how you want your car to look.

So number 1 for me.

Reactions: Tips
My A6 is ibis white, I've got the 20" polished silver and I would have preferred the rs6 alloys gloss black silver face on the blade there the best looking audi alloy at the minute
93932e642229477f727b123113c2f675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My A6 is ibis white, I've got the 20" polished silver and I would have preferred the rs6 alloys gloss black silver face on the blade there the best looking audi alloy at the minute
93932e642229477f727b123113c2f675.jpg

They are nice. Just seen an A4 with all black wheels with a satin finish. They did look good.

I think those particular wheels look good in the matte as standard. So id say either option one keep as standard or option two completely gloss black without the polished face.

@Tips yup sorry... That was not helpful at all! The original matt looks better imho. i used to have the Rotors on my A4 which came in a similar colour to those above as standard and saw black matt and glossy versions and it is a hit and miss as to car suitability.

Having just acquired a similar combination (glacier white) I would say that although I like the look of the black and polished wheels, you will lose the one benefit of the standard wheels - they don't look dirty too quickly!

Having just acquired a similar combination (glacier white) I would say that although I like the look of the black and polished wheels, you will lose the one benefit of the standard wheels - they don't look dirty too quickly!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking will be a drawback of the black gloss. So I'm tending towards the matte / satin finish. Although the jury is still out.

3,2,1,5,4 but you've probably decided already.

Not a fan of two-tone but I've probably got a kipper tie somewhere too.

Matte/satin finish copes with winter conditions better in my opinion.

They are nice. Just seen an A4 with all black wheels with a satin finish. They did look good.
Why do people who are selling always bank them down on concrete to scratch them before selling? Am I missing something?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk