Ibis white, black edition, S3 sportback 8p

I've not got mine fitted yet. They are a nightmare to do. I can't find a guide on how to do them yet. I had the door cards off and I couldn't work it out mate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We'll get there. I would pay someone a hundred quid to do it with me. Whoever does it first can take pics and put them on here.

Wee night shot
3b5856832222de5b4096b5d7c94aa8ca.jpg

Car in with Mark Brodie at brotek getting a new helix five part clutch kit, service and haldex service done. Should hopefully run like a wee sweety after all that lot.

Also had the erratic idling issue so changed the pcv whilst I was there. Massive thanks to mark and Gordon of autotech lanark for doing a great job today
506a9223efe2a94549829caeb929b311.jpg
2f60a1bc29993f0fa1782da0508feb70.jpg
7a0849579a0680b140207e2a17796a9e.jpg

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
Every cloud etc. Misfire in cylinder one. Went and ordered r8 red coil packs and NGK bkr7eix plugs. No point faffing about replacing one at a time.

You should take your car for a walnut clean @ D H Automotive bonnybrigg and have a word with Dave about your map , he will keep you right and after clean you will notice a massive difference in the smoothness n response . Then get it detailed and a cermaic coating at the end .

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1513347048374-1920x1280.jpg
    FB_IMG_1513347048374-1920x1280.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 456
  • 20180329_114106-1440x1920.jpg
    20180329_114106-1440x1920.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 461
Reactions: jamiepaton5
Okay. Are you paying for that wee list or am I robbing a bank

Dave was reasonable for cash for walnut clean and you did say u where getting a map . But once he did the walnut clean and you put your new plugs and coils in u wouldn't need the map. Just a little passage off a read in the preventive maintaince section .

Either of those two you have mentioned will be absolutely fine, for remapped S3's (particularly stage 2+ and above) then R-Tech recommend the BKR7EIX whilst Storm Devs are a fan of the PFR7W-T. I didn't want to go down the modifying route too much as that's a different conversation altogether haha but the stock plugs are also perfectly fine to replace with as well. )

Reactions: Gregsy16 and jamiepaton5
I need a new wiper motor and new s3 8v wiper arm and blade etc. Next on the agenda

There was a guy in classifieds selling an 8v wiper arm no sure if he still has . I got 1 ebay but you will need to get a hold off a removal tool Ebay (381532600739 ) to get arm off the spline cause if you try to pull it believe me you will be thinking the back window is coming with you . Tool 1000% times easier £7.50 there is a cheaper version for 4.50

Aye think it just sold for 20 quid. Always missing out on things when money gets spent elsewhere.

I got one for an 8v from Ebay ( 323139314200 ) check it out half that price

Hi. Awesome car!!
Very similar to mine. 2011 3 door black edition.
Also you have just made my mind up whether to go to black wheels.
Enjoy it mate.

Thanks very much mate. The black wheels suit the car nicely imho. Will need to get a wee look at yours mate. Team ibis

Jeezo I've been a busy boy today. Ordered new morimoto uprated ballasts and bulbs from trups at em tuning, a new 120 piece advanced socket set from Halfords. A new Valeo rear wiper motor and new 8v S3 rear wiper arm. Along with the new plugs and leads thats 500 quid spent in the last few weeks. The joys of car ownership eh

Reactions: S.
Jeezo I've been a busy boy today. Ordered new morimoto uprated ballasts and bulbs from trups at em tuning, a new 120 piece advanced socket set from Halfords. A new Valeo rear wiper motor and new 8v S3 rear wiper arm. Along with the new plugs and leads thats 500 quid spent in the last few weeks. The joys of car ownership eh

And it only gets more expensive as time goes by

I hope not. That's four and a half grand in 15 months already. I've only got the cam chain and tensioner and oil pick up pipe and I'll have worked my way through the whole of the s3 maintenance schedule !!! Still have stuff I want done but I just can't get to it yet for the stuff that needs doing first

I'm a land rover tech and trust me, those Halfords socket sets are excellent, plenty of us who use them and give them a tonne of abuse, can't fault them for the price!

Got the 120 piece for 90 mate so can't grumble at that.

Got the old girl washed today, tyre gel on and exhaust done with Autosol and refreshed my Angelwax h2go on my Windows and pano roof. Spring clean part one, part 2 next weekend will be hoovered and inside of Windows cleaned. I ****** hate doing the inside of the windshield though as its very difficult to properly buff the bottom of the window. Just waiting on some rain now and I can get a semi when the water beads like hell

Oooh some goodies arrived today. Just to get them fitted now. Still waiting on the wiper arm though.
4e14b696f1cfec0b7527e16988bdec20.jpg

Reactions: S.
Fitted my spark plugs today, so that's new plugs and coil packs done in the last week. Fitted new rear wiper motor and that's working perfect, just waiting on the a3 8v rear wiper arm and blade that I ordered from fleabay coming from Lithuania. They must be using carrier pigeon for delivery as thats over a week now since i ordered it.The valeo wiper motor was from Germany and came on Thursday. Fitted new 5500k morimoto bulbs and xb55 ballasts. Bulbs are great but my DRL is not working. Nothing to do with the new ballasts it was when I had an altercation with a deep puddle on my way to work. I had hoped the new ballasts would fix the bulb and DRL not working but it looks like it's a new headlight job. So it's been a mixed bag for me this week. I swear that no job ever just works out as planned for me though.

New rear wiper, fully operational for the first time since I bought the car I might ad. Plus I polished the old dear and tyre gelled her to within an inch of her life gotta love pics taken with a setting sun
6b6076fd44baa33ac453f78f433f86d6.jpg
ccf45f6ee42ab45136f62c1211459352.jpg
ed76bfcec4e3f4eb5310663c05bfdf19.jpg
28026580e5ea4e04bce9f67cc9dca552.jpg
8426d6c4a248397bcafe85833b82a6b3.jpg
25edc337f002d39b38452b8d10866dc2.jpg
d10b62deecdbfcc247d3d14fd6336662.jpg
36dfef041408f05f2e8e2ced5cde9b10.jpg
2aa5ed8d885ee1e64a8a7f3bbe234214.jpg

Reactions: James__S3
New Bosch aero twin front wipers on as old ones were done, 32 quid from hell frauds and could have got them cheaper from the bay of fleas but I'm not the patient type.

So long time no post, it's been quite eventful of late, I hit a massive puddle on the way to work some months ago and it was on a corner all the way across the road and very deep. It resulted In losing my drivers side headlight bulb and LED strip. I had new bulbs in the house by luck but when I went to change a bulb it turned out the ballast was ****** as well, I bought uprated ballasts from trups as the bulbs I had were also 5500k ones I'd bought from him as well. A mate from work helped me out and I had to take the bumper off to do both lights. Sure as f@#k though when I put everything back together the LED still wasn't working, so now after taking the bumper apart I had to do it all again when I had money for a new headlight. Audi wanted 480, euro car parts had the same headlight (hella) in their summer sale for 330 supposedly down from 495, by the time I had the money the sale was off, guy at work recommended car parts 4 less, when you go on it, it's the same website layout as euro car parts. They had it for 317, looked for a discount code and managed to get 12 percent off taking it down to 285 delivered. It got here today, (next day) went through the whole rigmarole again only for the led not to work, decided to put new headlight bulb in anyway and put it back together, as soon as I put the new headlight in the LED's kicked in. Happy was a ****** understatement I can tell you. New headlight in and working perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ollie2014 and samuelh_888
Now to fix a separate headlight issue thats unrelated to the first bit. I hit a bump on the motorway and straight away a warning light came on saying Headlight range control defective, the result is that my headlights are now like using a candle in the darkness. I need to get this fixed and the car mot'd this month. It just gets better all the time eh. Will also be booking the car into BroTec in december for a service, cam chain and tensioner, oil pick up pipe. Revo filter, new diverter valve, TTs engine cover and stage 1 remap.

Sorry for the longwinded post guys

Yes, first bit of good luck in ages there, turned out my headlights are working and only needed the fault cleared by VagCom and are working to perfection, also the uprated bulbs 5500k and ballasts from Trups are absolutely fantastic, no need for high beam practically just to get onto BroTec now and get mapped and air filter plus service and diverter valve, cam follower and camchain and tensioner plus oil pick up pipe. Happy days.

Hi Jamie,

Its always enjoyable reading a thread like this and your car looks spot on :thumbs up: I'm looking at switching my current S3 manual for a slightly newer S3 (still 8P) but with the s-tronic gearbox. Photo attached. I've wanted the s-tronic for a long time now! Visually, stock of course, it's almost exactly the same as yours with the 2 tone leather seats in ibis white. Have you had any issues keeping these seats looking white? I imagine they'd fade over time but looking at ways to keep them looking as good as possible for as long as possible?

Attachments

• 20180913_112045+1.jpg
    20180913_112045+1.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
The seats are more creamy silver James and I've never cleaned mine so far. Just enjoy the car and don't worry about it is my motto a good cleaner would bring them back to new I reckon. It's on my list but I've had too much else to do to worry about it. Your car looks a cracker but then I would say that, the grey one looked superb as well. I'm more just keeping a journal on here so when it comes time to sell it I can show any potential new owners the work that's been done to it. Thanks for the kind words mate, much appreciated

Couldn't agree more mate. 9/10 times it's only me in the car anyway so i can't see me needing to worry about them. I've already noted a few things you've done that i'll be stealing for mine :busted cop:. The lighting upgrade inside/out is definitely top of the list . Makes it stand out that much more. I'll keep an eye out for any future mods. Enjoy bud

Steal away James, we're all here to help each other out.

Yeehah, car all Mot'd and legal and above board just needing front pads and get everything done at BroTec in December. Quite the list to get through.

4 Michelin pilot sport 4's from skidz, selling at the end of the year but still want to put the best on for any future buyers. Booked in for major service Thursday plus front pads and fuel filter done as a precautionary measure

Car is at least 150 bhp quicker since the service and stops perfectly again.

Spring clean, inside of Windows done Angelwax H2go on the outside of the windows. Will Hoover on a dry day this week after work. Took a few cheeky night shots seeing as she's clean
fb67cfba55a0a4acc4dc17ae37122de3.jpg
f85c61f72551ce2be7925cee9faa0629.jpg
cb6c8f390d6a15b17ef0d47fcc6e4fd9.jpg
2d66c852b1a46ffe33ea9572e96e1cd4.jpg
78486fcbad30ae383c28fe4fe8f689cc.jpg
dcd4a22ac94ec69659f326f213788231.jpg
6d6058cb4409b96cbe1681a632cddea3.jpg

Car looks mint! Shame to hear you're looking at selling. Moving onto anything special?
Do you get a warning light on your dash with your number plate light? I did with mine so changed to an earlier version but its not as bright. Definitely prefer the brighter look with the Ibis white :thumbs up: