Ibis - keeping it clean

RB84

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about going for an Ibis 2.0tdi 170 Black Edition for my company car. Obviously white paint is a pain to keep clean, especially in this weather, but how do you get over it?

Do you just not worry about it and let it get and stay dirty? Do you clean it weekly? Good wax cover to spray down when you need to?

I do love the look of Ibis and just wonder how all you Ibis owners live with it! :)

Cheers all,

Rich

In the winter, even with a weekly clean, Ibis will still be dirty 6.5 days out of 7!

To get a white car you need to enjoy washing cars.

tbh every car is like that, mine only stays clean if it gets put in the garage after washing otherwise wind blows stuff on it or salt off the road reverses the whole ****** wash! Grey aint easily kept neither is black, i only think id be washing a white car slightly more in the summer

tbh every car is like that, mine only stays clean if it gets put in the garage after washing otherwise wind blows stuff on it or salt off the road reverses the whole ****** wash! Grey aint easily kept neither is black, i only think id be washing a white car slightly more in the summer

Agreed, my car was spotless earlier this week. After a drive to the Peak District and back, it looks more grey than black now :(

im washing mine weekly atm and just learning to accept that it will be mankey before i return from work on the monday

Thanks for the replies. I think there is a balance with Ibis - have to be ready for it to look dirty (always gonna happen), but also have to be ready to clean it a lot to keep it looking good. On the move even a dirty Ibis looks good though!

How is it with paint getting marked/ scratched/ swirls etc? Easily visible or does the white 'hide' them?

white hides scratches best period, and the flat colour is easiest for touching up, the only downside to white is a good detail doesnt give the same wow factor as that on a dark or black colour id say the paints pretty bad if youre finding serious swirl on a white. good choice on the black edition looks super sexy

My girlfriend has a white car (suzuki swift unfortunately, not an A3) and that only gets cleaned when I find the time to do it or when I take it to homebase !

My A3 is black and it looks more white/grey after about a day, so unless you live in a carwash, i think whatever colour you get will be dirty at this time of year!

This is doing wonders for my confidence! Just need to get over the want to keep it clean and all will be well. Ibis it is!

I don't think white is high maintenance at all and i think ibis actually looks good with a few mud splats!

You're worrying about it far too much ;)

i used to wash mine pretty much dailly as i was obsessed with it looking clean all the time

but then it looks awesome when its clean

DSC_0018-2.jpg

Last edited: