I wonder if Audi will sell me this RS3...

KentKid

Reaction score
For the price of an S3? ;-)

Photo 4Photo 1Photo 3

Words along the lines of "fat chance" spring to mind.

Good luck!!

Words along the lines of "fat chance" spring to mind.

Good luck!!

Yeah, I think you could be right!

On another note - I tried to PM you the other day but was unable to as your inbox is full... :-(

Says S3 on the front.....but I doubt it will be priced accordingly!

I'll clear some space.

I don't get the question lol...? Have you got the money? Is that car a replica? The spoiler for some reason doesn't look like an RS3 ONE...?

2012_audi_rs3_27_1024x768.jpg

Very nice car, Audi are clueless :p Maybe if you haggle with them you might get it the same price as an s3 ?? ahha :)

I don't get the question lol...? Have you got the money? Is that car a replica? The spoiler for some reason doesn't look like an RS3 ONE...?

Think it's just the colour hiding the detail of the 2 edge wing bits...

and "for the price of an S3" was his first post.

I don't see the attraction - it's just an uglier A3 which uses more fuel.

Anyway now im not distracted by the above!!

I reckon if you had the cash or card ready ya would still get a good deal, the new car market, well and used is mental, even more so in steelers.

Me mates father in law got 10k of the XFS, he let the sales guy give it all his speal to the point where he was getting excited(the sales guy that is) then he just got up and said nah ya ok, bit pricey for me, the sales guy came after and said what would you need to buy today and he said 10k of the price, bish bash new jag, hahaha.

Not sure this would work with Audi though, but from my car sales days, if you have the cash a good deal can always be had

Anyway now im not distracted by the above!!

I reckon if you had the cash or card ready ya would still get a good deal, the new car market, well and used is mental, even more so in steelers.

Me mates father in law got 10k of the XFS, he let the sales guy give it all his speal to the point where he was getting excited(the sales guy that is) then he just got up and said nah ya ok, bit pricey for me, the sales guy came after and said what would you need to buy today and he said 10k of the price, bish bash new jag, hahaha.

Not sure this would work with Audi though, but from my car sales days, if you have the cash a good deal can always be had

Audi refused to give me any discount if i bought with cash which was the total opposite of what used to happen back in the days. They only agreed to discount if I took their finance package so after negotiating discount I then slapped down a large deposit and only took £2500 on finance. They were not happy about this but I am anti-finance and even more anti "people who do not do deals"
FYI I work in sales but not car sales.

Reactions: KentKid
Audi refused to give me any discount if i bought with cash which was the total opposite of what used to happen back in the days. They only agreed to discount if I took their finance package so after negotiating discount I then slapped down a large deposit and only took £2500 on finance. They were not happy about this but I am anti-finance and even more anti "people who do not do deals"

Hi Forbzeeee, ya the same as me, never pay full price for nothing, that would be me 12yrs of sales for ya, lol.

That's a joke about Audi, when i worked for the used car side of Citroen the deals where flying out the door, and not on Citroens neither, but that was mostly down to our sales manager over pricing everything anyway, so it looked a better discount. Fair play to ya with the large deposit i bet they loved that, lol, i have always worked cash and cash only, everyone of my cars have been bought out right.

Hi Forbzeeee,

I had the same experience as you. I bought my 59-plate S3 directly from a dealership back in 2010 when it was only 6 months old - it was an ex-demo car.

I wanted to buy the car outright without finance, and I thought they'd be biting my hand off for my money - but in reality, it was quite the opposite. Like you, they were keen to push for me to use finance, and I was reluctant to do so.

I stuck to my guns and avoided using finance, and I was still able to knock £1k off the price and get them to change the front grill to the black optics grill.

Before buying the car I would have wanted to knock them down by much more than that, but following what actually happened, I feel kind of lucky to have got anything out of them at all. THE SWINES! ;-)

I thought that car dealers were not allowed to do this anymore. They cannot offer one price for cash and another if you take out finance. The selling price for the car has to be just that, if they are going to make margin through the finance it has to be shown...

But i could be wrong...

The sales people probably get a very decent kickback from Volkswagen finance for selling the car with finance so they're not interested in a cash deal as there is no further exploitation for them to benefit from. Gone are the days when local sales people did deals for cash in showrooms, it's all centrally driven by large corporates who want finance deals on their books with heavy APRs! Why would they sell it for £39k when they can extort £50k+ for the same car over 3-5 years????

The sales people probably get a very decent kickback from Volkswagen finance for selling the car with finance so they're not interested in a cash deal as there is no further exploitation for them to benefit from. Gone are the days when local sales people did deals for cash in showrooms, it's all centrally driven by large corporates who want finance deals on their books with heavy APRs! Why would they sell it for £39k when they can extort £50k+ for the same car over 3-5 years????

Exactly Warren ;)

I got £3k off S3 on Audi Finance. If its a case of lose the sale then they'll move on price rather than have you walk away, but when I went to buy my wife an Arbath Essesse they weren't interested in selling me a nearly new car, I could get a better overall deal on factory order as salesman must have been incentivised that way. I think you'll get a better deal from an indy with cash than a main dealer.