I want to fit an S3 body kit to my new Black Edition A3...

Black Edition Dave

Reaction score
I have ordered a new A3 Black Edition due for delivery middle of July this is a MY10 build. It is coming in Phantom Black and I would like to add S3 skirts, rear valance and front bumper.

Has anyone done this?

Can it be done?

How much does it cost?

What parts and numbers do I need.

I would also like to lower the car, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should use?

Cheers

Please help

Yes the rear valance will go straight on, the side skirts come in lots of bits but yes they will fit. Cant see the point in the front bumper to be honest, its hardly any different. just change the grille.

Dont put any S3 badges on it though for fear of looking very silly indeed!

No i havent but read lots about it! The skirts are bonded and clipped

nah, its only the plastic inner sill you have to change because it leaves a gap if you keep the original. You also have to change the weather strips/trims on the bottoms of the doors to keep the seal correct.

I would say fiddley more than difficult. I personally wouldnt do it myself to a brand new car however i would try it on mine!

NHN has done it, he might be on to give suggestions ay some point today. As said bit fiddly and not cheap but it does look good. Like Lee said, you need the sills, the replacement trim for the bottom of your doors & the sill covers.

I would just put side skirts on or get some votex skirts for it and forget about the front and rear bumpers

Get some nice wheels for it and lower - job done!

I would just put side skirts on or get some votex skirts for it and forget about the front and rear bumpers

Get some nice wheels for it and lower - job done!

Spot on.
I`m really not a fan of the `lookalike` route, if you want to tweak the styling, go for quality aftermarket stuff as Boydies suggests.

Votex, sensible drop, BBS rims, etc....
Its an expensive car so you want it right.

Dont make it look like an S3, make it look like a tastelfully tweaked Blackline.:icon_thumright:

All IMO of course.

cheers
Paul

with the money your spending on the car and then the kit and painting etc, surely you would of been eaiser getting an S3 anyway??

I'd just leave it as it is mate. Just change it to a Black S3 grill if you want an S-line badge. Wouldnt be buying a new car and then changing all that.
Waste of money & time if you ask me mate. Black Edition look fine how they are little things to improve the look, would of been better if they had there own kind of badge like S-line do.

If i was to do any thing to the car it be:
Lowering springs or coilovers.
Some nice 19" BBS alloys
S3 Grill so i could have an s-line badage at front. (dont like the new a3 withou them).
Remap etc
I know you said you need a derv but with all that mate, might aswell get an S3 with no extra's or a nice used one.
With all the parts you will need (will have to be new) & with painting and fitting gonna cost ££££. And i cant really see all the parts you need coming up on ebay and if they do will cost extra as most sellers on there a simple.

Thanks

Ashley

Ok fitting and painting sorted. But what its gonna cost to get genuine parts..I'd still not bother. I know the pre face lift S3 Bumper was about £240-£250 fog lights were about £50 each and the surrounds about £20 each. Then you will need a grill not even sure how much the grills are think the black one pre face lift was about £250 or £220. Basically i'd say its not worth it. But if you want to go down that line.

Your gonna need
S3 Grill
S3 Front Bumper
S3 Fog lights
S3 Fog light Surrounds
S3 Back Bumper
S3 Lower Lip (for back bumper)
S3 Spoiler
S3 Skirts and i dont know too much myself about them but i know they cost NHN aka nigel a bit to do and it was tricky.
Also have to do some thing with your exhaust as it wont fit properly to the S3 back bumper. Well i know that was the problem with pre-face lift S3 back bumper not too sure with face lift.

Ashley

S3 Side skirts in primer 127.06 each inc vat
S3 Rear Lower Skirt comes in Grey metallic same as black edition or primer(choice) £138.97

I think I might keep the front bumper as is because there isn't much difference

you know what mate do something different anyone who looks at your car even after the mods will be like oh theres an s3 ....

if you want to turn heads why dont you do something different drop the car on 19s and get an after market kit , it would look the biz and no one has done this yet get to it pal i defo would if i had the money....or you could even mix the kits and after market grill.... its the way forward you will see where your moneys gone :icon_thumright:

abt

2009-abt-as3-audi-a3-front-side-588x415.jpg

2009-abt-as3-audi-a3-rear-side-588x442.jpg

or caractere

audi-a3-caractere-01-1.jpg

pics smudge or when you finish get some on ....

you know it makes sence dave...............

no it wont look boy racer the abt kit look pretty nice id lose the vents on the side wings though and it will look very nice.....

if you seen mine up close its just been dropped not to low on 19 inch rims tints and cupra spoiler it doesnt look boy racer at all...

i get looks and comment off all ages .....if the mods are tastfull then you have nothing to worry about all my mods cost 1200 quid in total with rims and tyres and ive totally achieved a nice oem look for cheap ..

you could achieve that for the same price and your car would look miles better mate medium tints though not to dark i think black edition already has privacy glass so just subtle tints the fronts side windows get some springs 19 inch bling wheels mine would look the nuts on your car or some other wheels shiney though but not tacky ..

you should try that first if your still not happy go for a kit......

but if your not happy with that and want a kit it would be abt front abt rear caractere side skits and it still would look pretty oem but nicer imho and will be different to anyone elses .....

you certainly wouldnt have any probs selling it when the time comes

My only worry with that is I will look like a boy racer, I see your point though

I see People's point.

But personally i find an aftermarket bodykit immediately lacks integrity, and does look a bit boy racer in comparison to a genuine S3 kit on an A3.

I find that as long as you don't put and s3 badges on the car your good to go. The car may lack orgionality in the dept of modifications but black edition dave is attaching the only real kit the a3 model should have.

For the parts you want you may be looking at around £910 plus around £500 or more to spray it. (that's what i was quoted) I was also quoted around £300 for removal of those parts and attachment of the s3 parts. So total could be around £1700.

Last edited: