I want an RS4

gareth_oau

Reaction score
Ive decided its time for me to lash out and buy a B7 RS4. Unfortunately being in australia, a reasonable '07 model still retails for around $120,000, which equates back to around 58,000 pounds.

In the meantime, and before I can proceed, i need to sell this:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...0&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=28&silo=1011

frontleftgt-p.jpg

(if anyone wants to make me an offer, gimme a yell - i'm sure postage costs to UK wont be that much!! LOL)

why would someone on the audi forum want to buy a ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i suggest you find a ford forum and sell your car and if you manage to get an rs4 then come back and show us!

why would someone on the audi forum want to buy a ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i suggest you find a ford forum and sell your car and if you manage to get an rs4 then come back and show us!

For a first post that wasn't very welcoming was it?! It may 'only' be a Ford in your eyes but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want it along side your 2 litre at the traffic lights!

No doubt that was a tongue in cheek post by Gareth to show us his car, and very nice it is too! I'm sure he wasn't trying to sell it to anyone in the UK seriously. And at the end of the day we are are all can fans and can all appreciate different models of performance cars even if they aren't necessarily our first choice. Good luck with the sale Gareth and keep us posted on the RS4 search ;)

Not the best first post by dorosth as quattrojames said!

Gareth - I remember seeing this when you first posted a picture of it along side your S3. When I went to Oz last month I saw quite a few of these (actually took a picture of one) they sound amazing. :thumbsup: If only petrol in the UK was as cheap as it is with you! One of many good things about Oz is the sound of V8's on every street corner.

Anyway hope you manage to sell it. I took an RS4 out for a test drive on Friday and OMG - How fast! What a car......that engine just begs to be floored. I loved it but unfortunately with the miles I do it would cost me a fortune to run...... but certainly going to get one one day!

cheers guys. i've always loved the RS4 and with car pricing being a bit soft at the moment, the RS4 has just got a bit more affordable. I still love the Ford, its quite a classy beast (for a ford LOL), coming standard with Recaro seats, Momo steering, and Brembo 6 pot brakes (on a ford you say?) and coupled with a tweaked 5.4L quad cam V8, I'm sure even Jeremy clarkson would admire it (mines chugging out a conservative 500hp)

I'm hoping to go from this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALjEGvImR80&feature=related

to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXevDS_Ym7k

both different, but erotic in their own ways

Be nice to post a pic of the S3 and RS4 parked in the garage instead...one day soon!

(oh and by the way, thanks for the advice dorosth, it never dawned on me that I couldnt sell my Aussie based Ford on a British Audi website:keule:)

That MTM sounds awesome :o.k:

RS4 must be a rare beast in Oz I would think?

I understand there are around 300 in Oz, with only about 14 for sale at the moment. this is good from a seller's perspective, but not from a buyer's perspective. Having said that, none of those 14 have sold since i started looking

I only managed to see 2 RS4's while I was in Oz for the month. To be honest didn't really see that many Audi's at all!

I guess your paying a lot more due to shipping them from Europe. I know my dad paid around $200k for his 7 series BMW! That's like £100k here :wtf:you can get a lot of cars here for £100k. Blimey where do I start :think:

glad i could be of help!!
that got the thread going didnt it????
still dont like fords but i guess some audi fans do so i'll keep this to myself then.

glad i could be of help!!
that got the thread going didnt it????
still dont like fords but i guess some audi fans do so i'll keep this to myself then.

Nowt wrong with fords at all.:keule::no:

Ford have really sorted themselves out over the past few years and they have been some of the best cars ive owned, look at the new fiesta i think there great and so are fords sale figures.:respekt:

My last car for example was a Focus ST-3 and let me tell you that 2.5 Litre Volvo T5 engine is superb in every way. The 225bhp (standard) monster will eat most cars on the road for breakfast and is a damn site more reliable than most engines out there.:gun2:

The spec is very generous for the price aswell, Recaros, full leather heated seats, MP3, Sony 6 cd changer, front heated windscreen, xenons etc etc amazing cars in every way.

Only sold it because i needed to tow a petrol tanker behind me to keep it running! :banghead:

Haha Dazmo - As PJMSpeedy mentioned, at least petrol here in Oz is a bit cheaper - currently around A$1.12/L plus $0.10 for the 98 octane.

My GT-P does very little cruising, and its mostly short runs around the suburbs - in the end, my recorded average is 19.5L/100kms:lmfao:

it does average aound 7.5L/100kms along a 6th gear freeway run though.

I have managed to get my computer to read an instantaneous of 100L/100kms, though I may have been tickling the throttle a bit at the time :)

Haha Dazmo - As PJMSpeedy mentioned, at least petrol here in Oz is a bit cheaper - currently around A$1.12/L plus $0.10 for the 98 octane.

My GT-P does very little cruising, and its mostly short runs around the suburbs - in the end, my recorded average is 19.5L/100kms:lmfao:

it does average aound 7.5L/100kms along a 6th gear freeway run though.

I have managed to get my computer to read an instantaneous of 100L/100kms, though I may have been tickling the throttle a bit at the time :)

If i could afford it i would emmigrate there tommorow mate.:sign_unfair:

Its 3:00 am and im at work, how fun!!:readit:

ahh its all relative, we have great weather, great sports teams and cheap petrol.

you have a far greater range of affordable cars