I thought I'd seen it all....

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
offroad-5.jpg

“The Audi TT offroad concept provides a glimpse of how we might imagine a new model in the future TT family,” says Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg, Member of the Board of Management for Technical Development. “It combines the sporty genes of the TT with the strengths of a compact Audi SUV. Its plug‑in hybrid drive with the option of inductive charging is a major step toward the mobility of the future. We chose to present the Audi TT offroad concept in China, our second domestic market, because it represents the urban mobility of tomorrow: It is sustainable, dynamic, intelligent and connected.”

I wondered whether the TT might be one of the few models that wasn't *******ised into something 'cross-ish'. Is nothing sacred. Personal view, a step too far (and that is diluted view). Anyone disagree?

More here: Revealed: Audi TT offroad concept Show Car - Fourtitude.com

Hideous!

Almost as bad as those "Mini" Countryman 4x4's as if the Mini Clubman wasn't bad enough.

Why they feel the need to make an offroader version of everything is beyond me. How many of the people who own these 'urban-cruisers'(!) even mount a kerb let alone venture to the grass..... Hopefully it's about keeping under utilised people in work rather than satisfying an active demand, if I met someone who wanted these at a party I'd be looking for the first escape route.

Why they feel the need to make an offroader version of everything is beyond me. How many of the people who own these 'urban-cruisers'(!) even mount a kerb let alone venture to the grass..... Hopefully it's about keeping under utilised people in work rather than satisfying an active demand, if I met someone who wanted these at a party I'd be looking for the first escape route.

Maybe not as popular in the UK, but they have to cater for the rest of the world. Like in China for example, a majority of the road cars are MPVs.

Fair shout Joe, I just prefer a 'proper' off roader to a coupe-esque design statement offroader, feels like it's stretching to concept too far and devaluing it. I'd happily own a Range Rover, but I wouldn't been seen dead in this.

We'll have to get used to it because crossovers are very much on the up.

Personally I hate them. The BMW ones especially, really not a fan.

But like I said, the trend is upwards so we're only going to see more.

Fair shout Joe, I just prefer a 'proper' off roader to a coupe-esque design statement offroader, feels like it's stretching to concept too far and devaluing it. I'd happily own a Range Rover, but I wouldn't been seen dead in this.

Totally agree with you mate, I can't see myself buying one neither, but in China, I saw quite a few BMW X6's aswell, which are quite hideous for a 4x4!, not to mention they cost twice as much over there with their 100% import duty, so such cars are only reserved for the rich! Money can't buy taste hey?

But this guy knows all about taste, using this as a daily!

E33EBCC1-00C3-4561-8488-EBEF38279758_zpse1szvlva.jpg

7DE5BC9F-A2B8-4ECE-8E47-D2381F13511B_zpsucrjaukl.jpg

Rather huge carbon ceramic brakes!
65FC7FC4-FF54-49E3-964D-111109D78AEE_zpsggcfg0xn.jpg

Reactions: Lavis89, Nilz and warren_S5
Sweet mother of all that's holy! What a daily driver. I drove one for an afternoon at Brooklands and it was one of the most precision road cars I've ever driven. Absolutely astonishing. An inch movement on my S3 accelerator pedal is the difference between some speed and a bit more speed, on the SLS it can be the difference between life and death! It's like a scalpel compared to a plastic camping knife!

That is a nice car Jo!!!

Not keen on the 4x4 TT thingymajig!!