I think my S3's been targeted

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So tonight I took the dog out for a quick walk around 5.45, when I got back around 10 mins later my partner said there was a knock at the door but nobody there.
We have a camera in the tree that looks back at the house and car.
Literally a minute before I go out there is a person in the front garden with a baseball cap on and a scarf over their face.
Around 4 minutes later they return look through the front room window and then knock on the door before walking off.
My neighbours cctv shows a car driving slowly past, going around the oval and then back past and pulling up. Someone then gets out and comes straight down our drive where they are picked up by one of our camera's.
The car is now in the garage, with a stoplock on and my sons car parked in front.
Keep vigilant guys, I know I won't sleep tonight
Arlo

Reactions: V6Tom, FBF01, James.B8 and 4 others
Scary thought, you got any friends you can have round just in case?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
thats awful, have you reported to the police?
Yes straight away and to be fair there was police car round within 15 minutes.
They'll keep an eye on the area while doing the rounds

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Tom.H
Hmm yes scary. Wonder why they knocked on the door :S

Hopefully they don't come back!

Was the cars reg caught on cam?

Mate, lucky you have CCTV, I have it makes you worry less

Reactions: -Ju-
Hmm yes scary. Wonder why they knocked on the door :S

Hopefully they don't come back!

Was the cars reg caught on cam?
No unfortunately not as it was dark. I even saw the car parked up a few doors down but didn't take any notice at the time and can't even remember what it was apart from an old grotty small hatcback

Reactions: oli356
Mate, lucky you have CCTV, I have it makes you worry less
But does it though, without that I wouldn't have known any difference! At least I'm forwarned and stressed to mint balls!

I'd be up all night hiding out front with a mate with a shotgun! (live in the country)

Reactions: Flosman, Audi Bairn, Jimbo10 and 1 other person
I'd be up all night too just to ensure that I got the registration number of the vehicle the pull up in.

Reactions: FBF01
Not a nice thing to experience but becoming all too common nowadays.

The knock at the door was probably to see if anyone was home, then if no-one answers, they break in for the keys.

Most likely a couple of young scrotes chancing their luck. They may not know they've been clocked so will likely come back during the night.

I'd be waiting up for them with my trusty tools at the ready.

I hope you have good home security.

Reactions: richinsoton, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Not a nice thing to experience but becoming all too common nowadays.

The knock at the door was probably to see if anyone was home, then if no-one answers, they break in for the keys.

Most likely a couple of young scrotes chancing their luck. They may not know they've been clocked so will likely come back during the night.

I'd be waiting up for them with my trusty tools at the ready.

I hope you have good home security.

Agreed, they were probably waiting to see if and who would open the door. For all we know, they may have wanted to force their way in. I hope the police keep their word and monitor the area @-Ju-

Reactions: richinsoton, Audi Bairn, Thundercliffe81 and 1 other person
Keep safe. At least it's blocked in and the police are aware. Wonder if it's worth having some sort of motion sensor bright spot-lights on the drive/door etc?

Wonder if they knocked on the door to see if any movement was in the house etc, especially if they saw you leave - hoping that you were the only one in and therefore by knocking they can presumably check whether it's obvious that anyone else is left in the house?

Reactions: richinsoton and batch
I've been checking my Blackvue and at almost the exact same time yesterday a silver ibiza pulls up outside and then drives off. #paranoid

Keep safe. At least it's blocked in and the police are aware. Wonder if it's worth having some sort of motion sensor bright spot-lights on the drive/door etc?

Wonder if they knocked on the door to see if any movement was in the house etc, especially if they saw you leave - hoping that you were the only one in and therefore by knocking they can presumably check whether it's obvious that anyone else is left in the house?
There is one on the corner of the house that you can see in the picture but the one down the side needs replacing as the bulb has gone and I can't for the life of me get the screw out.
She only opened the door a couple of inches as she was by herself but that's enough to make them aware.

I've been checking my Blackvue and at almost the exact same time yesterday a silver ibiza pulls up outside and then drives off. #paranoid
There is one on the corner of the house that you can see in the picture but the one down the side needs replacing as the bulb has gone and I can't for the life of me get the screw out.
She only opened the door a couple of inches as she was by herself but that's enough to make them aware.

Was that the same car that was being used before, today? Sounds like they're scoping the area out of interest. I would for her own safety of course, in that situation not to open the door even a few inches as you don't know whose on the other side and how likely they are to force entry but if someone knocks etc again just turn the lights on to make it look like there's more than one person in the house?

If you've got a house alarm making sure it's on etc and if you've got gates having some form of lock/chain I would presume would also add an extra step - they want a simple life at the end of the day and if you make it difficult for them they're not going to be as interested

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, DJ_26 and -Ju-
Get some signs up!
4e9c1f46f6a072db70dc4fe3780d5f8f
I mention dogs in many threads but if I was a thief I would be more scared of trained dogs than people. It's not America after all where guns are common...

Hopefully its the last you see of them though... What a world we live in.

Reactions: S32B, Audi Bairn, Thundercliffe81 and 1 other person
It's probably nicked tho...

If you get the plates and report it immediately to the Police (it has to be immediate) they can put it through so any ANPR camera that picks the car up it'll be flagged immediately. It doesn't matter if the car they arrive in is cloned or stolen as it could be picked up on camera and could result in an arrest.

Reactions: richinsoton, Thundercliffe81 and DJ_26
Sad to hear this, but unfortunately it is becoming a more common occurrence. Hopefully you got through the night without any trouble?

Reactions: Audi Bairn, -Ju- and Jassyo06
Really sorry to here this Julian, hope you managed to get some sleep last night. :) x

Reactions: Audi Bairn, -Ju- and Jassyo06
You cannot have nothing these days without some scum wanting it away.

Ju I can recommend AWG highly.
At least they wouldn’t be able to start it should they get hold of the keys.

Reactions: EvOS3, Thundercliffe81 and -Ju-
I actually slept well last night, I think I tired myself out getting things sorted.
I can set the bedroom light to come on if the cameras detect motion and tbh that did help and it never came on.
Roll on the weekend for some more security measures.
Thanks for everyone's concern:friends:

Reactions: James.B8, richinsoton, Tom.H and 6 others
Ah no, that's not good. Hope you had an event free night?

Scumbags. Hopefully if you are going to keep the car in the garage, that'll put them off?

I actually slept well last night, I think I tired myself out getting things sorted.
I can set the bedroom light to come on if the cameras detect motion and tbh that did help and it never came on.
Roll on the weekend for some more security measures.
Thanks for everyone's concern:friends:

What system is this please? Great feature to set the lights too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent you a message mate

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Yes thankfully it’s now in the garage but I would now be worried for home security and it’s usually the case, break in the house get the keys jobby

cant stand these low life loosers who cant be assed to work hard like the rest of us and think i will just steal one, grrrrrrr.
a nice bright floodlight will make them feck this lol. glad they didnt attempt to break in mate

Reactions: frazzeld and Thundercliffe81
If you get the plates and report it immediately to the Police (it has to be immediate) they can put it through so any ANPR camera that picks the car up it'll be flagged immediately. It doesn't matter if the car they arrive in is cloned or stolen as it could be picked up on camera and could result in an arrest.

Yeah I know mate, just commenting that it's probably stolen or cloned or whatever... you'd have to be a complete numpty to turn up in your own vehicle lol

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
It's a combination of a smart security camera system, hue lights and the ifttt app!

Reactions: davemk
Thanks. I've seen a few people mention the ifttt. I'll have to have a look into it.

cant stand these low life loosers who cant be assed to work hard like the rest of us and think i will just steal one, grrrrrrr.
a nice bright floodlight will make them feck this lol. glad they didnt attempt to break in mate
With thieves these days I’m not so sure they don’t seem to fear been locked up half of them will probs welcome the extra light idiots

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, MaffewEM and lucaslfc
Ironically we had this happen last night.... unsure if it’s because of an RS5 that was parked outside at the time (which isn’t even ours). Caught them on camera walking around the cars and trying the handles and then walking upto the door and trying the front door. Considering I live with bright street lights outside the door they clearly don’t care whether it’s 4AM or not. Will phone police at some point today but it doesn’t look like they’re after anything in particular but I find it hard to believe they’re simple “opportunists” nowadays even though they even checked the handles of a relatively older car outside.

Keep an eye out nowadays, you never know who might be coming to your door or for what purpose.

Reactions: richinsoton, -Ju- and Thundercliffe81
I think the message is, don't be complacent even if you don't see anything going on, they are out there 365 days a year and have no moral code when it comes to taking what's not theirs.
Maybe we should all look at our security flaws from time to time!

Reactions: richinsoton and Thundercliffe81
I think the message is, don't be complacent even if you don't see anything going on, they are out there 365 days a year and have no moral code when it comes to taking what's not theirs.

With a bizarre turn of events a neighbour has mentioned the same people who paid a visit the other night managed to get into their keyless entry vehicle and left a pile of passports, cards etc they'd presumably stolen from other properties. Should be interesting to see what happens from now but clearly if something startles them they scarper pretty quick!

Reactions: -Ju-, Thundercliffe81 and oli356
Yep be vigilant and look in your mirrors! I had a Range Rover follow me for a long time tonight after I'd dropped the wife off at her mums, so I took a couple of right turns which took me back towards the way I had just come from! The next turn I took they went straight on, could just be coincidence, or they could have gotten onto the fact that I had gotten onto them following me!?!?

Reactions: Tom.H and -Ju-