I think its done!

unikarl

Reaction score
Well, I've finally got all my parts together for my xenon conversion and its all installed... My to do list for the car has a cross through everything... I never thought I'd see that happen!

Quick pic of the work in progress!

photo11.jpg

Sounds like it's time to sell up and start a new project then lol

How easy was it to install? Does everything work and do you have auto levelling? Also, on HID cars there is an extra dial in the car to allow you to turn on DRLs. Have you got this fitted too?

Looking good old lad. i wish i could affordt the time, effort and cash to do this myself as they just look so mean.

What parts do you need to do this? i have a HID kit but would like to retro fit xenon's to my DTM. Can't believe it didn't have them from stock. Altho it hadn't got cruise, armrest or RNS-E, which are on list. well cruise and armrest done :)

Nice one Karl, the Xenons look great! I remember trying to source BiXenons for the VXR and lots of the guys on VXRO said it would cost me a fortune to do and that I probably wouldn't get them to work. Only cost me £250 in the end including my lights and it paved the way for lots of peeps wanting them on their non-Xenon Astras. So, what's next for you, now you've crossed off everything on your to-do list? New car? New list?

Sounds like it's time to sell up and start a new project then lol

How easy was it to install? Does everything work and do you have auto levelling? Also, on HID cars there is an extra dial in the car to allow you to turn on DRLs. Have you got this fitted too?

The install was pretty easy. Changing the lights is a doddle as is fitting the wiring adapter. Just needed them coding to the car and as I didn't have vag com I got hazzy days to do it. He was really helpful. The DRL's are always on at the min as I don't have a switch but I'm going to get the switch unit that has the coming home light feature too as I have the autodimming mirror so I also have the light sensor.

Everything works spot on and the beam is far better than the halogens.

Nice one Karl, the Xenons look great! I remember trying to source BiXenons for the VXR and lots of the guys on VXRO said it would cost me a fortune to do and that I probably wouldn't get them to work. Only cost me £250 in the end including my lights and it paved the way for lots of peeps wanting them on their non-Xenon Astras. So, what's next for you, now you've crossed off everything on your to-do list? New car? New list?

Thank you!

I remember you trying to source the lighst for your VXR too but you got the last set from the cheap site you found. I ended up leaving mine as standard.

Next is keep it clean and running right I guess...Maybe a couple of little things here and there but overall I'm a happy bunny now.

Great stuff, Karl! Car looks lush, Xenons really give the front end a mean, moody look. :)

What's with everyone jumping from Astras to Audis! I used to have one too! :laugh:

Top modding Karl, glad you're happy with it all :)

Has anyone got a part number list at all? :happy:

Sorry mate, all the part numbers are under the lights and that would mean removing them again. I'll try and put you a list together though from my invoices.

What's with everyone jumping from Astras to Audis! I used to have one too! :laugh:

Top modding Karl, glad you're happy with it all :)

I had an astra coupe 888 edition also :arco:.

As for part numbers from invoices, that would be great

OK, here are a few part numbers but bear in mind that I used a mix and match of different versions.

Central Electronic modeule is 8E0 937 279N
O/S headlight 8E0 941 004AG, Ballast 8E0 941 329A
N/S Headlight 8E0 941 029AT, Ballast 8E0 907 391B

The xenon tubes needed are D1S and the kufatec wiring harness is also needed.

Hi unikarl, pretty sure I have put an offer up on eBay for you old lights. I'm wanting to get xenons too but they can wait for a while. The clear indicator mod will do for now.