I sold a DTUK to someone with a Seat and they’re having problems

kpm278

Reaction score
I pulled the DTUK CRD3+ off my 2014 A3 2.0 TDI 184 and sold it to someone with a Leon FR TDI 184

They’re having problems with it - management light and high revs. Should it be transferable?

I was under the impression that they are model specific .

Just ring DTUK and ask, it may require a flash, I think they have a charge for it..

Last time I asked it was £75+VAT for new software, which is undoubtedly what it needs

Reactions: -Ju-
My mate bought one from a golf GTD for his "same engined" Tiguan and had to pay the software update charge.
It still faulted the ECU afterwards but that was down to an underlying issue that the extra power highlighted!

Reactions: NevMan
Glad there are still things on a car that can be fixed with a hammer .

Reactions: pburv
They are vehicle specific and he need to call DTUK he may have serious issues with his car and possibly blow his clutch or worse.
The unit is only for that exact model and not for his vehicle.
Yes you can sell them on, but they 100% need to be re-flashed to his vehicle at a cost.
Regardless if he managed to fix the problem, it is still not made for his car and needs to ensure its operating correctly

I would not risk it at all and call DTUK for them to flash it at a small cost.

I would rather be safe and pay £75 then my clutch,pistons or turbo go and have a bill for hundreds possibly thousands of quid.

Glad there are still things on a car that can be fixed with a hammer .
1b25f891994debba87a2cc6c501b759c.jpg

Reactions: Gazwould