Stealth Beast Baby Yay
Reaction score
Website
www.andyoram.co.uk
In a major way today resulting in this!
iphone027.jpg

iphone026.jpg

I am OK though!

I was pushing hard out of a rouandabout onto a duelcarridge way and I lost it, hit the off side kerb, sild across the road and hit the nearside kerb, then slid to a stop on the offside in a right hand turning lane, with no traffic around at all I think I was a lucky boy!

My fault lack of talent!

Oh I ran 20 foot on the RS4 disks too, and the calipers were damaged

sh!t man, that looks pretty bad, nothing else damaged? becuase it seems rather lucky, could have been far worse

ooooooh fooookin ell count your self lucky i smashed 2 alloys and my suspension in doin the same thing lol brakes look ok though how do you know there damaged did you have eps off ????????

like has been said Andy, could have been much worse, any suspension damage?

****** hell mate - hope your all good and the car isnt too bad!

I know someone that can rebuild the calipers from scratch if you not going through insurance! Wanted £200 to redo and powder coat my S3 ones frotn and back in red.

Hope you get it sorted and hope there isnt too much damage...

Phew as long as you are OK, the car can be fixed.

Car control course next Mod ?

Paul

Ooof! Wanted split rims and couldn't wait? :blush:

As said, could have been worse, and :respekt: for admitting it was your goof

Very sad to hear it.....hope the car is back in full health soon!

Wow...if there was any cool way to run out of talent, that'd be it!

Sucks to hear about that. No body/frame damage I hope? I'd imagine a force that strong would seriously mess up your suspension components and control arms/joints.

Really glad you are ok mate, what a lucky escape.

Gutting for such a beautifully set up car though.

Get everything checked as it puts a hell of a force on the top mounts, dampers, subframe when you hit things that hard.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

Fuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk me sideways & call me susan, didnt expect that atall, lucky boy I'd say slick, must have been seriously going to literally break that centre of the wheel though huh

Can't have done the rest of the car much good a impact like that!

Any damage underneath Andy?

I would say for sure that will have moved the consoles underneath so a 4WA is a must. Also be worth looking very closely at the engine and gearbox mounts.

Hopefully it'll not prove too costly.

Glad you are ok buddy. Have seen some good accidents in my time, but you are up there in pole position. Just can't believe a wheel will give out like that!!

not that big now EH !!!! joke you wana get your suspention looked at cos mine was knackered after i done it plus and extra alloy hope your brakes are ok though or it gona cost ya

Glad you are OK... At first glance I thought there would be more damage....Lucky Bast...:)

i smashed my previous car doing the exact same thing lol. it was drenched though. glad ur ok

wow, that alloy snapped pretty evenly! how dare you let a black car get that filthy ;) hope things get sorted quickly!

Not sure if any other damage, yet! It's in the compound waiting for the insurance folks to turn up and look!

Speed wise around 70 mph on a duel carridgeway not speeding, just unlucky and talentless!

Police did come took a look said " How did you do that?" and "BLOW IN THIS SIR!!"
then left, saying get it recovered!

helpfull bunch that they are lol

I think you ran out of traction, an uprated haldex just might have pulled you out of that one!!

wooow that was some impact !!! glad your ok

time for new alloys I guess :D

Uh I think Benskin (aka Ash) has some nice RS6 alloys for sale for 8P :undwech:

F*ck me never seen a alloy like that, thats prety bad...Ouch, But Glad your ok Andy...Hope there no more damage to the car, hope it gets sorted quick with no hassle. Once again glad your fine aswell

Ashley

This isn't meant to sound contentious, so please don't take it as such.

I used to think I was a pretty good driver until one day I had a front end tyre blow out on me hitting debris in the middle of a dual carriageway at night. Totally straight piece of road, no other cars in sight. Was I going too fast....yes. It looked like half a broken brick in the road but I never went back to check. I stupidly stamped on the brakes when I heard the front tyre go, car nearly 720'd round up the carriageway and at one point the car tipped up slightly so I did start to wonder if it was going to roll. When all came to a standstill I got out wondering what state the car would be in (an old Mk2 Jetta GTi 16v). 4 kerbed alloys and that was it. The kerbs seemed to keep me in check and saved me for heading off in another direction as I bounced between them. Now I love driving, you can't keep me out of a car, but for a week I just couldn't drive.

My family paid for me to go and do a skids and skills car crib test at Silverstone to get my confidence back, then a few instructor led track days where you learn high speed car control. I've since done single seaters, track days on my own in our car, have signed up to do IAM, and did a whole days instruction with BTCC / Seat Cupra Championship drivers at Prodrive in Warwickshire.

To any of you who haven't yet done these kind of activities I can't rate them highly enough. I realised that whilst on the whole I am quite a considerate driver, I had a few significant holes in my armory that I didn't really know were there (you only do when you are trying to recover a car against the laws of physics).

We drive pretty powerful cars (I was watching Dave ja vu Top Gear the other night and they were saying some modern cars are as fast as 1960/70's rally cars out of the showroom - eg. no mods).

I'm not trying to be wise after the event, but it does make you realise by having the privilege to drive these nice powerful cars we have a responsibility to ourselves, other road users, and our families/dependents to be well trained and competent, if not to get the best use out of the money we spend improving performance.

Track days/instruction have never been so reasonable as they are today. Audi have just dropped some of their prices for days at Silverstone, you can join a club like 'Yourracingcar.com' which entitle you to benefits at race meets and subsidized car training, and the IAM is a great way to look at getting better rates on your insurance whilst brushing up on your skills.

I'm incredibly pleased that Andy is safe, and all is well, but at worse case scenario this could have been a VERY different thread. His car is repairable, he has his health, it doesn't look catastrophically expensive to remedy the issues, and there are no further implications - a great result. However I would IMPLORE you NOT to rely purely on Haldex, Quattro or electronic fail-safes as there is no substitute for outright skill and experience in a difficult driving situation which to be fair most of us get very little practice in dealing with regularly. We spend a fortune on mods without so much as a second thought, however never often enough do we spend any money enhancing the capability of the soft fleshy organic bit that guides it!!!

Reactions: DriverN00B
No one wants to stick the boot in at this point, but there is a point to be made and those are wise words well put my man.

Some very wise words in that post that we could all benefit from.
Well said. :)