I popped in Audi to get a few bits and.....

That to me is a very disappointing attempt at beefing up an A3, and a simple excuse for Audi to rake in the extra £'s from people who aren't too concerned about 'looking' different.

In fact, I was shocked to read under the pics that that IS an RS3....

....the more I look, the more MY car starts to look like an RS3 (with the wheels I have).

Very sad attempt indeed.

I know what people mean by saying that not everybody wants things to stand out as much as cars such as the RS Focus, but I'd definitely want something that's gonna turn heads a bit better, making the car more recognisable to others.

I think I'd rather keep the savings in the bank and get an S3 instead

rs3r.png

Totally underwhelmed by the RS3 and wouldn't consider one even if I had the funds.

TT-RS - now were talking at least that manages to look special and differentiate from the TTS.

The white one in the pics is provisionally sold for September, I know because my contact at Audi offered me a test drive in it, I replied no point I don't like them.

I am very impressed by the BMW 1M - in the metal they look very different to a normal 135i coupe and have the handling etc to match the looks, interior could be better though.

Not really, is this an R32:
vw_passat_r36_front.jpg

I don't get it... you can see the 6, can't you? That's a Passat .:R36, also not easily distinguishable from a 2.0 TDi Passat (apart from the front, and exhausts if you can see them). Audis should be subtly styled, but the RS3 just seems lazy and cynical.

Combining W3STY's DMAN pic minus the eyebrows and scoop (the 8L S3s were much more obvious from their arches, the 8P should have been the same and then some more for the RS) and itwasntme's blue rear would make it a proper RS looking car (dual oval pipes are a must). If they'd made that a 3dr and knocked £5k off the asking price then I'd see the point. The ultimate would be taking a B7 RS4 and making it a 3-dr hatch... that I'd pay £40k for!

As above, personally I think there should of been a 3 door option atleast and a few more differences. The artists impressions look good prefer this one:
audi_rs3_concept_by_dmanbluesfreak.jpg

I think it is abit lazy considering all the hype and the build up to it

I like salt and Vinegar best. Hated prawn cocktail !

agree with most what has been said it was a poor attempt by audi why they got rid of the RS exhausts no one knows at the front you can see its a rs model but at the rear because of the twin on the one side it just looks like a S3 which is no bad thing just wish audi had made it a bit more RS looking a bit more different from the S3 just my 2P worth haha

BMW interiors = fail.......... Any manufacturer can have a nice interior on their top model, but audis are pretty nice through the whole range, with the top one being lush..:wub:

one of my fav audi interiors have to be the A5/S5 they are just such a nice place to be lots of buttons to play with and if spec'd correctly lots of cow **** :wub:

You went into audi and you should have bought it :p

My mate did this in BMW lol went in with his Z4 3.0 Coupe to buy touch up paint and came out owning a 2009 E92 320D White M Sport Coupe lol

I just dont like it. I wish it was a 3 door hot hatch, nothing would compare to it then.

Is it me or does it look quite long in that picture? I think thats one think that lets the A3 series down - they are too long. But yes it would look sooo much cooler with 3 doors :) I think that is a shame really :(

So you'd tell them no if they offered it to you free :)

If I had the monry just lying around I would probabaly go bu a fully spec'd one but... I don;t have £50,000 spare lol

My mate did this in BMW lol went in with his Z4 3.0 Coupe to buy touch up paint and came out owning a 2009 E92 320D White M Sport Coupe lol

Yeah but Boycie, he was Irish right, enough said :undwech:

i thought the leathers in the RS3 had red stitching and were proper buckets?

The buckets and stitching are separate upgrades. Will cost you around £5k for both the buckets option and the quilted red stitching option.

I think this is my next car, in a few years though mind, saw a BMW 1M yesterday on Tower Bridge and it looked like a midget on steroids. Most bigger engine cars are too much to run and a few tweaks would put the RS3 as the fastest most affordable RS model (bar a TT-RS and RS6)

The buckets and stitching are separate upgrades. Will cost you around £5k for both the buckets option and the quilted red stitching option.

I think this is my next car, in a few years though mind, saw a BMW 1M yesterday on Tower Bridge and it looked like a midget on steroids. Most bigger engine cars are too much to run and a few tweaks would put the RS3 as the fastest most affordable RS model (bar a TT-RS and RS6)
After few years you'd be able to buy new S3 :]

But it wont have a glorious 2.5 5pot lump in it which maps to 400bhp with ease :sly:

It looks like a ford focus estate, complete with roof bars :D

and get glorious understeer round the corners:D

I would hardly say the S3 is a vision of oversteer.

Suspension modifications are there for those who want it. The roads around London are not sufficient in providing an experience that allows me to go near the limits of my cars abilities, so this is a moot point for me.
A nice engine, subtle looks, 4wd, great interior and aural pleasure means the RS3 will be hard to beat. Unless the new S3 is dramatically nicer ill wait for the facelift of that, or next RS3?

I would hardly say the S3 is a vision of oversteer.

Suspension modifications are there for those who want it. The roads around London are not sufficient in providing an experience that allows me to go near the limits of my cars abilities, so this is a moot point for me.
A nice engine, subtle looks, 4wd, great interior and aural pleasure means the RS3 will be hard to beat. Unless the new S3 is dramatically nicer ill wait for the facelift of that, or next RS3?

I'd rather up S3 to stage2+ and spend rest on family, holidays and fun:]. RS3 is a great car but I'd get TTRS instead every time its just not worth the money. Not when you can buy this 2008 NISSAN GT-R 3.8 2dr Auto Coupe
for the same price pretty much:D

Last edited:
gtr all day long!

Yes because they have identical running costs. If you are going to compare random cars that are merely priced similar why not get one of these
Auto Velocita : Ferrari 360 Modena F1

The GTR's power is rarely usable, its body parts are silly money to replace and the cost to run is through the roof. The RS3 is a quick Audi and has running costs not much more than a 2.0tfsi

Yes because they have identical running costs. If you are going to compare random cars that are merely priced similar why not get one of these
Auto Velocita : Ferrari 360 Modena F1

The GTR's power is rarely usable, its body parts are silly money to replace and the cost to run is through the roof. The RS3 is a quick Audi and has running costs not much more than a 2.0tfsi

LOL i posted a 360 spider for 35k, If your buying a 40k performance hatch im sure you are more than capable of owning one of the listed above. Suprisingly when you can source a ferrari for 5k cheaper than a rs3 theres money for maintenance etc.

If i was extremely concerned about running costs when spending that sort of money i would have an S3.

LOL i posted a 360 spider for 35k, If your buying a 40k performance hatch im sure you are more than capable of owning one of the listed above. Suprisingly when you can source a ferrari for 5k cheaper than a rs3 theres money for maintenance etc.

If i was extremely concerned about running costs when spending that sort of money i would have an S3.
True you dont care about costs when you can afford 40k+ hatch, wish I could though lol:D.

An RS3 is not going to be a any where close to the running costs of a ferrari, nor will they be near a GTR. The insurance alone will be a huge chunk of money, never mind the services, parts, labour costs of maintaining those cars.

The fact is im saying im looking at an RS3 once the value drops as i do partially agree with you its too much, i dont think the other cars are comparable though.