i-Pod in ur S3?

titliest

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone got an i-Pod (Video G5) into there A3/S3, im using a Griffin cable attachment, but cannot for the life of me find a decent way of mounting (ew err) it inside the car.

Ive been all over the net and most of what i can see is utter rubbish or very tacky.

I just want a nice looking bracket to hold it in, something like this: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/images/var/DENSION-IL20BP08ALFA.jpg

Any suggestions? :)

I've got mine in the centre armrest...Pain to get to but i have it permanently on shuffle and use the Navi headunit to progress through the tracks...

Yeah thats cool, but i want it where i can see it, so i can control whats playing, skip a track ect :(

the dension cradle like the one you linked to is the best imo, had it on my S4 and about to order it again for my RS4

I sit mine in the cup haolder on the dash. It fits perfect here with the Iskin on and a Griffin Itrip attached to the bottom.

You can see the screen and use the click wheel etc easily enough.

Great with no cables as well!!!

I'm just about to do mine but it will be the last thing as I am installing a whole new music system as the Audi one sucks...
I was going to cut the back out of my credit card holder in my dash as it would fit perfect and I don't need to see it as i can control it form my alpine headunit and see all of the play lists. But now i have decided to mount it in my front ashtray (as I don't smoke). You know when you buy an ipod dock you get a few spares well i mounted a dock in the tray so when you open the ashtray you just push the ipod on to it and when you leave the car take it with you. i will buy another ashtray as a spare so when I sell the car I'll refit the original. I'll show you a pic when it's done but i got to do the rest first.

cocain said:
I'm just about to do mine but it will be the last thing as I am installing a whole new music system as the Audi one sucks...
I was going to cut the back out of my credit card holder in my dash as it would fit perfect and I don't need to see it as i can control it form my alpine headunit and see all of the play lists. But now i have decided to mount it in my front ashtray (as I don't smoke). You know when you buy an ipod dock you get a few spares well i mounted a dock in the tray so when you open the ashtray you just push the ipod on to it and when you leave the car take it with you. i will buy another ashtray as a spare so when I sell the car I'll refit the original. I'll show you a pic when it's done but i got to do the rest first.
that sounds pretty neato, deffo want a pic of that when its done.

I stand mine in the cup holder too, no need to take it out of the iSkin. Works great and plenty of room for the cable.

Regards, John.

Yer sounds a cool idea Cocain, mines sat in the cup holder till a find a better solution ;)

I did see a PDA holder somewhere, that might work?

Couple of options:

First is the one i've done which is mount the Dension Ice-Link Active Cradle to your dash using this bracket:

dm_71541.jpg

The second, which is v stealth but a pain for actually choosing songs from your iPod, is mount it in your ashtray using the Dension Ice-Link cable:

audio3large.jpg

The just slip your iPod out of sight:

audio2small.jpg

Tallpaul, gunna get me one of them brackets!

Have you got a link?
Can you self fit them?

titliest said:
Tallpaul, gunna get me one of them brackets!

Have you got a link?
Can you self fit them?

Here's the link:

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Mounting/Dashmount_Brackets/Audi_Dashmount_Brackets

Top service - ordered lunchtime and they arrived next morning.

If you don't already have them, you'll also need the stereo removal tools 'cos the headunit need to come out for this to be fitted:

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Accessories/Radio_Keys/Audi_Radio_Removal_Tool

I have this bracket on a facelift S3 and it sits lower (next to the CC unit) so you don't need to remove the stereo to fit it.

Cheers peeps, i have bit the bullet and ordered the `Dension Ice-Link` kit from halfords (yer i know :p) having it fitted tomorrow :D