I pod connection

Snuff

satan's driver
Reaction score
Hi all this is my very first post . i had a leon cupra but now thats gone and i have a 2003 S3. what i need to know is can i fit an i pod to my head unit

thanks in advance

SnUfF

Yes you can, search the bay for audi ipod connections, plenty on there and quite simple to install.

Xcarlink used to be one of the best but there are much cheaper units out there.

I've got the dension gateway in my s3 and can't fault it

It is reconised on the head unit as cd 5 on changer so you have full control from the head unit and also charges the ipod/iphone

the only downside it was about £120 but works with the factory fit gear :)

Can you use any of these kits if your A3 wasnt fatory fitted with a CD changer?? Im desperate to play my Ipod but i hink all of these kits require your car to have a facotry fitted CD changer to begin with?? Am i wrong?? Josh

If you've got a cassette player why not just get a cassette to iPod thing? Simply plugs into the top of your iPod/iPhone and push the cassette in! I bought one today that only cost me £1.30 delivered! Lol

I got the Xcarlink the other week, and it's pretty good, I also opted for the bluetooth module when I ordered it which as well as providing a proper hands free solution for the car, also allows me to stream ALL audio from my iPhone, which is pretty good! SO I don't even need to connect an aux cable to listen to internet radio, watch TV etc etc. Well worth it.

If you've got a cassette player why not just get a cassette to iPod thing? Simply plugs into the top of your iPod/iPhone and push the cassette in! I bought one today that only cost me £1.30 delivered! Lol

X2

Its all i use, that way i can still have 8 cd's of goodness too! (yes I am slightly old school)