I need to fit new PCV, CCV

H5NND

Reaction score
Since buying my A4 B6 3.0 vert i have been keeping an eye on the fluids etc.

I have noticed a little sludge under the oil cap, no biggy. A typical issue with some BMWs and a prob i have dealt with many times, usually on the other german brands its the CCV, crank case breather hoses and cyclone valve which is a bit of a nightmare as most of it is tucked up under the inlet manifold. But as said have done it many times and none can be as much of a pain as them.

So back to mines, i am going to check the PCV aka CCV, but can anyone give me some info, as i am not well versed with the Audi blocks only BMW, is it a pain of a job just like the other german brand, also does it have a breather pipe linked to the dipstick also.

I am aware these breather hoses are usually brittle same as most other makers so i will be replacing all hoses along with the actual valve all Audi parts, no point ******* around.

Are there any o rings to replace also, near the dipstick etc ?

From experience usually these valves fail due to a few reasons sometimes its the rubber diaphram within that has a tear or hole, other times its the accumulation of condensated gases on the blow by that cause the issue in the winter due to not being allowed to reach optimum temp.

Can anyone give any details as to location not only of the valve but all adjacent hoses and o rings.

Dont fancy allowing this to continue as in the BMWs it can if let too long cause hydrolocking.

Just did my 5 series a few back too, bummer.

for the record car runs sweet as, just want this done.

well curiosity got the better of me, I went for a longer than normal to me brisk drive 20 plus opened the oil filler cap all clear checked the pressure whilst cap off car still running and all seemed fine, pulled the dipstick all clear again, small amount of smoke from back but temp is 2c at the moment so not worried at all.

Seems to me the build up is down to my 6 mile drive to work, and then same after 12hrs back no chance to full warm up.

Think for peace of mind i will pull the pcv/ccv and have a good look, have heard some that clean it but if the diaphram is torn or damaged that would not make any difference, but i will check it to look for any build up, will also do an oil change.

After my drive, no sludge.
http://vid1294.photobucket.com/albums/b620/dave16v1/WP_20150221_003_zpswjf6td7p.mp4

Last edited: