I need some help my Audi Wont start without Quick Start after new coded fuel pump - anything would be appreciated - Thank you

taytay

Reaction score
Sorry my first post is asking for help
32.png

I have an 2004 Audi A4 convertible 2.5 v6 tdi - the car started to cut out I took it to a mechanic who said that car was lacking fuel and needed a new fuel pump, It had 3 codes

P3103 - intake flap

P1570 - Engine Control Module (ECM) Disabled

P1672 - Fan control Circuit:Open Circuit/Short Circuit to ground

I bought another fuel pump with the same part number & had it coded back to the car. I had the water pump, thermostat, timing belt, tensioners and turbo changed. The car now is showing no faults but will not start with out quick start spray, as soon as it’s worn off the car cuts back out.

Can somebody please help me - thank you
32.png

Urm not sure how they diagnosed fuel pump with those 3 errors tbh, new to me.

The intake flap may have been shut as broken internally & thus no air so wouldn't start.

If it cuts out after the mist has cleared then it's not getting fuel, so try starting the car with the fuel line of in the bay to see if it's pumping through.

Hi @NHN Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated.

When I first took the car to him the problem was when i put my foot down the car would lag and almost lose power for a couple of seconds and then would find itself and fly. It started to cut out over 50mph, that's why he initially said that it was a fuel issue. He fixed and cleared the other faults and said these wouldn't be causing the fuel issue, I had those 3 faults for a month or two while it was still running but lagging in power.

But he can't get it started now - I am going to relay back the fuel issue for the fuel line and get him to check this. Will keep you posted - thanks again @NHN

Well tbh 1st thing to check is fuel supply, so go from there.

Hi @NHN Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated.

When I first took the car to him the problem was when i put my foot down the car would lag and almost lose power for a couple of seconds and then would find itself and fly. It started to cut out over 50mph, that's why he initially said that it was a fuel issue. He fixed and cleared the other faults and said these wouldn't be causing the fuel issue, I had those 3 faults for a month or two while it was still running but lagging in power.

But he can't get it started now - I am going to relay back the fuel issue for the fuel line and get him to check this. Will keep you posted - thanks again @NHN
I feel something thank you!