I need help/advice with AMI MMI cables with my 2011 A3 Black Edition

Bear88

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently purchased an Audi A3 2011 Black edition 5 door Sportback. It came with the Bose speakers and an Audi Navigation plus but there was no cable to attach a music source. I'd like to be able to connect my iPhone XR but I've read the lightning cable will not work with my version. I've had a look at other threads here but I'm still a little confused and would like to know what my options are.

Should I buy a 30 pin AMI cable and get an official apple 30 pin to lighning adapter? would this even work?

Should I buy a 30 pin Ami cable and then get a 30 pin bluetooth adapter?

Thanks in advance, I love my new car and love to be able to listen to my music in it!

I have a mmi cable for iPhone connection you need to check which one you need mines is yellow

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi, thank you for your reply. The problem is I've spent ages trying to figure this out but there are s o many different cables I have no idea where to start.

Mines is a 2016 nav dont have iPhone bought lead by mistake wanted one ipod classic which I eventually got works perfect. Also have one for usb works fine. And unit takes sd card. I would look at manual for your mmi see if that tells you

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

On my old A4 Avant I used to use a MMI to USB cable (came with the car) and then plugged the lightening cable into that which worked fine.

Amazon sell mmi to lightening cables - they are only tenner. You could try one of those - if it doesn't work send it back and it won’t cost you anything

I would have thought 4F0 051 510 AC should work for you (I have it working in the same car) - unless you’ve seen something specific about iPhone XR weirdness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your responses! I'll order a 4F0 051 510 AC and report back with the results.

Hi, the cable arrived today and it doesn't work. The AMI option in the media section changes from "Not connected" to "not supported", Can anyone give me some other recommendations? I guess I should get the 30 pin cable and find a bluetooth adapter but can anyone tell me this works?

Thanks again for your help and advice!

A similar question was asked in the thread below , hopefully this will help

It was yellow. I've contacted a company called INVERY and they asked for photos then told me their bluetooth options weren't compatible with my car.. haha

The thread linked above didn't really help. I'll attach photos of my connector and and Nav plus
Screen Shot 2021 03 26 at 074347
Screen Shot 2021 03 26 at 074447

I had to crop them because the site Sid the images were too large!

I'm also looking for a Bluetooth dongle to stream music through this exact same unit its hard work tbh lol

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk