I need a flexi pipe, but a bit unsure on which?

Jordan427

Reaction score
So last MOT I was told that the flexi pipe had a hole in it (I knew this already) but now the exhaust is getting louder and louder so want to get it sorted ASAP.

I've had a look on ebay and found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A1-A...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d9f60866

My car is an 05 2.0TFSI Quattro, this is listed as being compatible but just wanted to check on here first as it says "and will NOT fit vehicles that have a flexi on the downpipe", how will I know that?? I just want to know so I can simply buy this and take it into my local garage for them to fit? Do I need to worry about anything else?

Thanks v much!

Shameful bump...I'd have thought someone might know!

The flexi in ours is on the horizontal part of the pipe, not the downpipe. With that said, I'd get the garage to supply and fit so there's no arguing :)

I had both my front flexi's replaced on mine as one of them was blowing. Took it to a garage near my work who stated that the flexi's couldn't be replaced and I needed a whole new cat with flexi's attached which would cost £500+ to supply and fit. Didn't even entertain that price so took it to a reputable exhaust place, they got it up on the ramps and confirmed it was one of the flexi's.

They just took the 2 flexi's out and welded 2 brand new ones in one morning and it was good as new.

Thanks guys, I might just do that.....take it to my local garage and let them sort it out, how much did it end up costing you? Hopefully nothing anywhere near 500!!!